Promise?

Kat's POV

Flashback

"Nathan! Nathan! Help Me!" I screamed out in pain.

In a blur Nathan was by my side lifting me over his shoulder without asking what had happened. His strong arms felt nice and safe almost as if at no one could hurt me when I was in them. I just wish that he saw me as more than a friend, I was always the best friend never the girlfriend. I grimaced when he put me into his car because a searing pain shot through my abdomen making me whimper. Nathan looked so apologetic and hurt even though he didn't cause the pain. In what seemed like seconds we were at the hospital and rushing towards the front desk with me carried bridal style by Nathan.

"Something is wrong with my friend, can you please help?" Nathan spurted out between gasps of air.

"Here take this and we will page a doctor but for now please have a seat." The lady said handing us a form. Nathan grabbed the paper quickly and sat us down in a secluded area. The paper she gave looked like a information sheet and within a second of sitting down Nathan answered a lot of the questions. He burst out laughing at one point shielding the paper from my eyes. When he composed himself he turned to me giving me a stern gaze.

"Katie, when was the last time you had your period? And when was the last time you were sexually active?" Nathan questioned.

Blushing I ripped the paper from his hands and gasped when the motion caused me to cringe in pain. "Why does it matter? And what's taking so long I feel like I'm dying." I weaned out.

Before Nathan could answer a nurse came and escorted us to the emergency rooms. The doctor came in just after I had taken a seat, and not long after he discovered that my appendix had burst and I needed to go into surgery immediately. Whilst they prepared for the operation Nathan and I sat side by side. He took my hand in his after a minute or so which eased my anxiety a little.

"Nathan promise me that you'll never leave even if I die promise me that you'll remember me." I whispered resting my head on his shoulder.

"Katie, I will never leave or forget and I will stick by you till the day I die and don't worry about the surety I promise to be here when you get up so don't get sick of me just yet." Nathan said sincerely. Just then the doctor walked up to me and rolled me in a wheelchair away from Nathan. Before I was out of ear shot I swear I heard Nathan say 'I also promise to love you forever Katie.'

End of Flashback

~
Trent took me home after we had gone to a movie and then went to his favourite diner which was two and a half hours out of my hometown. So when I got him wit was very late and the whole ride back I couldn't help stop thinking about Nathan. His promise to be with me seemed to have ended a long time ago but for some reason I wished he would show up on my doorstep and tell me everything was alright.

"Hey, I know you say you don't care about Nathan anymore but you should realize that you do care but lie to yourself so that it doesn't hurt but it still does, I can relate and I want you to know that I'm here for you. Please just call me and I'll be here." Trent said as he hugged me goodbye. Holding back tears I squeezed him tightly before walking to my door and before I could slip my key in the door was violently opened from the other side.

~

"Kat, do you want to explain why you haven't been home? And why you haven't been taking your pills? Or why all of them are gone?" Luke questioned looking like he would murder someone if I didn't answer how he want me to.

Sighing I shrugged off my jacket and started walking to my room leaving both of my brothers looking hurt and pissed off. I went to my bathroom and started rummaging around looking for something I knew would probably tick both my brothers off more, when I found what I needed I returned to the living room where both brothers and now a puppy eyed Nathan. Quickly I tossed the box at my brothers...

"Thought you might need them and chocolate is in the cupboard as well." I cockily mocked as my brothers looked at the tampon box that was held in their hands. Hurriedly they tossed on the ground and when their gaze returned to mine they looked twice as mad as before.

"Now is not the time for a joke Katrina!" Brendan bellowed trying to contain his anger.

"You know I am really tired we don't you all go see mom and dad or go back to college cause this is not what I need right now so leave or talk to me not shout." I calmly replied whilst studying my nails. Fuming both my brothers sighed and sat down across from me, Nathan awkwardly standing near the front hallway.

"Tell us what happened, please. We can't stand the sight of you hurting lil sis." Luke said pleadingly.

~*~*~*~*~*
Hey guys!
New Update! It's exciting sorry for being away for a while, exams just finished and I needed to focus for them. Also sorry for all the period jokes in this chapter but I wanted to have some humour so that the story isn't too depressing.
Next Update: Nathan tries to prove himself to Kat after hearing part of her past.
Until next time!
bookworm