Broken Heart.

Nathan's POV

I can't believe she just picked up and left, did I say something wrong? I also can't believe I almost told her I loved her, that probably would have made her so mad but even though I didn't tell her it seems I made her angry anyways. For the rest of the day she avoided me like the plague which makes sense why would she want to be seen with me, the screw up. After school I got enough courage to go up to her but when I saw her she was hugging another guy and she looked the happiest I'd seen her in a while. Sighing I jumped in my car and pounded my head against the steering wheel. Why couldn't I have told her my feelings before all this mess happened? She looked so happy though and that's the one thing you'll do for the person you  love, you'll give them happiness even if it kills you inside.  

~

"Nathan, I don't think we should be friends anymore. I want to be more and I know you do too. Nathan please why can't you just admit it, I love you too. Nathan, please." Katie seductively whispered in my ear.

 "Katie, I'm going to mess up I already know that I'll hurt you just please stay with me for now until I know that I won't hurt you. I just got you back and I want to prove that I'm worthy not a complete screw up." I sighed.

 "Nathan, please." Katie said while kissing the place where my neck and shoulder meet.

 "Katie this can't be real, you're with that other guy and you can do so much better than me." I said trying to make her see me as someone terrible so that she could be happy.

 Looking deep into my eyes, Katie's emerald green eyes filled with love and lust... "Nathan, I want you and only you." She loving said, keeping a straight face the whole time. I quickly covered her lips with my own, I shouldn't be this selfish but I need her close to me and feel that this was real. My hands tangled into her long black locks and before anything got too far she disappeared.

 It was just a dream, of course it was too good to be true. She was happy with someone else and I was stuck being Nathan, the best friend.

~

The next day at school I decided that today I was going to tell Katie my feelings and I didn't care if she told me I was crazy or hated me after it but I just needed her to know. I was done with playing cat and mouse, I needed to know if I should move on or not, either way I hoped we could still be friends even if it broke my heart.  

"Katie!" I yelled down the hall way as I saw her red hair flash before my eyes. When she turned around I was shocked to see that she had her dazzling green eyes on display along with her glasses. She looked amazing and I wanted nothing more than to kiss her because she looked stunning and I was happy that she was turning slowly back into her beautiful self.

"Katie, I know you probably think I'm crazy but-"

"Nate, I don't think we should hang out anymore and I know yesterday I said that we could be friends again but I think that we should just stay away from each other because I don't think we are healthy around each other and I'm not getting any better so I think we should stay away from each other just for now." Katie rushed out in one breathe before she left without looking back. My heart shattered into a million tiny pieces as I had just got denied as a friend by the one girl I have every loved.

I ran, that's the only thing I'm used to doing and I didn't return to school for the rest of that week nor the week after. Katie ruined me and I couldn't take it, my feelings for her were as strong as ever and for those two weeks I was gone I tried everything to get over her but how do you get over losing your best friend and the love of your life

My life turned into shambles and nothing helped me, Katie avoided me most days but after school I always saw her with that guy she hugged before. She seemed really happy and that made it seem like my wounds were being bathed in acid. My mom couldn't stand the sight of me most days because I "wasn't the same as I used to be". She tried getting me to talk but all I ever did was ignore her mostly because I knew I would break down if I talked through my feelings.I was no longer the happy-go-lucky boy next door but the heartbroken loner at the back of the class.

One morning as I was wondering the halls to get to my class since I was late I heard whimpers coming from the girls bathroom. I wasn't heartless so I decided to investigate it wasn't like I was in a rush to get to class anyways. When I burst through the door I saw Katie curled up in the corner whining in pain as Olivia kicked and shouted at her. Neither girl noticed me but I was extremely angry because no matter what I felt like this was my fault, I should be protecting Katie even if I was hurt by what she did. 

"You think you're better than everyone don't you? Everyone hates you! Nathan never wanted you, why do you think he came running to me after he found out that his 'precise' best friend lied to him? He never wanted you, that's why I'm pregnant with his baby not you." Olivia said whilst kicking Katie repeatedly on her side. Katie looked so broken yet she wasn't standing up for herself, she just took it. 

"What do you think is going on in here?" I all but yelled over the two girls.

"Nathan, you wouldn't believe what happened, Katie just threatened to end our baby's life. Can you believe that?" Olivia said wiping fake tears from her eyes.

"Leave, now. Before I tell someone." I said without drifting my eyes from Katie's withered figure. Olivia quickly left and that's when I rushed to Katie's side, investigating her wounds. She crippled under my touch as I gently touched her stomach. I scooped her up in my arms and rushed her to my car. I drove to my house and took her up to my room so that I could set her down my bed. I grabbed the first aid kit from the bathroom and ran back to Katie's side. 

"Katie I need you to lift up your shirt so that I can see the damage." I said calmly even though my heart was beating a thousand times per minute. Groaning she shook her head and held onto her sides protectively. Sighing I respected her choice and cleaned up her face which was covered in cuts, most likely from Olivia's nails.

"Was it true?" Katie mumbled as I wiped up the blood from her cut lip.

"No, I'm not the father and I never liked her better than you because Katie, I love you more than you'll ever know and I hop you realize that I would choose you over anybody because you're my best friend and I love you not her." I said but when I looked up to meet Katie's gaze she was asleep and seemed at peace in that moment. I kissed her forehead and walked over to my desk to pull out the many letters I had wrote to Katie but never sent.

~*~*~*~*

Hey Guys!

Two Updates in one day! Hopefully you like this because I loved writing this one because you got to see a new side of Nathan. 

Next Update: Summer break starts and a family/friend vacation is planned and Nathsn and Katie start to mend their realtionship.

See you!

bookworm