What Next?

Kat's POV

All week I was sick with a tremendous case of the flu. My brothers looked after me and made me smile with all their childish movie marathons but I still loved the classics, Disney, Pixar, Paramount, Movies from the 80's. All of it was awesome! By Friday I was feeling a bit better but when my brothers told me I had a visitor I was dreading who it could be. What took me by surprise was that is was Nathan but he seemed off and maybe a bit ticked too.

"Kat, is there something you should tell me?" Nathan questioned looking about ready to blow.

"Why I barely know you?" I asked a bit confused.

"Do you remember that time when we were six and you cried for an hour before school started and I hugged you and let you cry on my shoulder or that time when we pranked Matt and Tyler from down the street and you thought they were going to hate us forever or how about the time when you shut me out of your life when your mother died!" He exclaimed by the end of his monologue he seemed pissed and that didn't happen often. Figuring out that he knew I gave a little speech of my own.

"Do you remember your first girlfriend who was insane! She threatened to kill me if I didn't back off or how about that time when you lied about Olivia when you knew how much I hated her! Or maybe the endless times you broke my heart just watching you and your flirtatious relationships with every girl in the school. How about the days when I was beaten by your so called girlfriend who made my life hell. Do you remember because I do and the bad overrules the good." I fought back by the time I was done I was in tears because of all the hurtful memories.

"You're crazy that never happened! And why didn't you tell me about anything! I know your depressed and on anti-depressants something you never shared with your best friend. Also why didn't you tell me you came back! I was worried you were never coming back." He proclaimed.

"I wish I never came back and I wish that my 'holiday' was forever with no return ticket." I yelled. He needed to realize that I didn't need him and that he was better without me even though this shattered my heart more than anything else he ever did. Before he could say any more my brothers came in giving Nathan and I quizzical looks. Sighing Nathan stood up and left without anything else being said.

~

That night I cried myself to sleep because I pretty much told him everything he never knew about me with one conversation. Luckily school is over soon I won't have to deal with him. I just wish my mom was here to embrace me and tell me that everything was okay. 

~

Flashback

"You're such a slut. All you ever do is hang onto my boyfriend like he's your life support. Can't you find someone else to bother actually better yet why don't you just die everyone would be happier especially if it was you instead of you mother." Olivia spat out stinging just like she did everyday.

~

That night I thought over what she said, maybe she was right maybe everyone would be happier.

Dear Luke and Brendan,

I know this is something that you probably never expected but I can't do it anymore. Nathan has become distant always with his girlfriend, you guys are at college living your lives to the fullest. I want mom back and things here aren't getting any better, dad and his new girlfriend are horrible. She's trying to take mom's job yet with Melissa she's like her best friend. I hate it! Everything is just to much I need to leave here. I'll probably never see you again but I might write you sometimes but for now don't try to find me I don't need anyone. Everyone will be happier if I left and never came back. I hope you'll forget me. I also hope you guys find beautiful girls that love you for your dorky quirks and childish humour.

Goodbye,
Katie xoxo

That is my plan, run away and don't look back. My past will always haunt me but it's to much, this is probably the most selfish thing I have ever done but it will help me, at least I think.

End of Flashback

~*~*~*~*~*~*
New Update!
Hope this chapter is good and is living up to expectation! This chapter was really tricky writing because I wasn't sure if I wanted Kat to admit to her little lie hopefully it pays off.
Next Update: Nathan does something irrational and Kat might just fall apart all over again.
bookworm