ꂵ꒐ꋊꏂ

Your eyes studied outside the thin pane of the window that was touched ever so softly with first, as the ground outside reflects off of that familiar golden autumn. The leaves fell with the gentlest breeze that had a smell to it like winter was just months away, and soon the dancing leaves would turn into the happiest little snowflakes. 

"Hey, when you get home from school, can you like try and make yourself useful, rack leaves in the yard or something?" Karissa's voice broke through your gaze as you solely turned to face the doorway. "Oh and also, maybe ask me next time you plan on painting the room." Her smile was almost mocking and you didn't say a word, you just replied to her with a tight grin. 

Your eyes flickered over to the handprints that stood noticeable on the right wall of the windowpane, there was something so intriguing about his handprint, something so natural about the way his skin felt, cold, rough yet smooth, like the richest marble, as if it could be sold for thousands of dollars like a diamond, one that would be perched perfectly into an engagement ring. 

You shook the thoughts out of your head, before you picked up your bag from the floor, before you headed out the door, rushing with a hushed silence, so you wouldn't have to be stopped by Karissa on your way out. 

You hopped in your truck, and with a single turn of the key, the engine roared as if it had some kind of grudge against you, but you were able to back out don't the road without any trouble. 

The golden haze was different than the usual depressed blue tint that forks tended to give off, but in a way you liked it, it was like some mystical land straight out of a book you had read once. 

You were early for school but that didn't matter much, you were out of the house, and chances were Edward might be there early, not that you were hoping or anything... certainly not. 

The parking lot was scarce, and you found a spot, close to where you knew the shiny silver Volvo would usually be parked, slot number 64, always the same number, maybe you would ask him about it later. 

You switched off the truck before you grabbed your bookbag and hopped out, opened the ledge to the trunk, and hopped on it, pulling out your latest read and your earbuds, there was no use in buying wireless ones, you were too much of a clue, they'd probably get lost in the very first second of having them. 

Your eyes perked up after every finely written sentence as you wanted to see if the Volvo had made it in yet, but the zoom of light had appeared, the fine-looking car for the fine-looking people had not shown, best not to worry about it. 

Your eyes flickered back down to the inked words, but before you could even read the first you felt a weight hop into the truck next to you. 

you gapped up as your eyes saw him sitting next to you, his eyes looking down at the page of your book, his face looked even more perfect than ever- 

"When did you get here?" You ripped the earbuds out of your eyes before he picked one up and placed it in his own, the Volvo was in front of you- slot 64 as usual and you could see his sibling walking over to the building, with such confidence, and yet grace, especially his sister Alice. 

"A few minutes ago." His chuckle was airy as his lips pursed into a grin. 

"Your car was not there a few minutes ago..." You looked over at the spot and then back at Edward but the gold of his eyes seemed to darken with the question. "You know what nevermind, I'm just-" 

"Reading Romeo and Juliet?" His eyes caught your's as you peeked up to him as if some ache ran through your withered soul as if he was crushing it, but you didn't want him to stop.