chapter 17

After that little pack meeting, Stiles, Kira, Liam and I head to an empty hospital room and set up the computers. One of the screens goes static.

"Is that supposed to look like that?" Liam asked.

"No. No, its not..." Stiles stands up from his seat.

"Where is that?" Kira asked.

"The roof. Someone's gonna have to go check it out." Stiles says.

"Ill go." Kira says.

"Whoa, whoa... this might not just be a malfunction." Stiles says wearily of letting the girl go.

"Thats why I'm bringing this." Kira smiles as she whips out her sword.

"Im coming with you!" Liam jumped up as well.

"Me too!" I say.

"Anya, you can't." Stiles says quickly.

"What why?" I asked.

"We need you where we can find you easily. To wake up Scott." Stiles says.

"We'll be ok." Liam says. He kisses my cheek.

"Your both coming right back. Immediately." Stiles told them sternly. Liam waved once more and ran out the door with Kira. "He's gonna be fine. They both are." Stiles comforted and then we sat in silence. "It really looks like you killed him Anya."

"I didn't kill him!" I yelled. Just then the power went out. Stiles scrambled for his phone and called Argent.

"The power's out in the whole building. I lost all the cameras." Stiles spoke. Argent replied and hung up.

"What'd he say?" I asked.

"Stay with Scott and to text him if anything happens." Stiles said and we both got up and ran to the morgue. once we got there the lights started flickering.

"Come on, come on...answer the phone. Answer the phone, Argent!" Whilst Stiles was yelling to himself I went to check the hallway. I saw two figures barreling towards me.

"Uh Stiles?" I said. "Stiles! Its Kate!" I yelled. Chris and Kate burst into the room; Kate with her claws out and Chris with his hands up.

"I was right." Argent grimaced. "Ana! Stiles, get out of here!"

"No! I'm not leaving my brother." I yelled at the man.

"Get out of the way you two. I'm taking the body." Kate smirked.

"Why? Visual confirmation?" Stiles questioned.

"Don't worry, handsome- I'm not the Benefactor." Kate flirted.

"Then why do you want the body?" Argent asked.

"I wish I could tell you." Kate said then looked away. In that time I got my magic ready and Chris took out his gun. Kate quickly smacked it out of the way and went to scratch him with her claws when he whipped out his second gun. "I always forget you carry two." She laughed.

"Back off!" Chris yelled.

"You sure you can pull the trigger fast enough?" Kate teased.

"I don't want to." Argent breathed him heavily.

"Well I kinda want to use my magic on her and throw her against the wall." I say.

"Oh-my god Anya." Stiles breathed out.

"Your not gonna kill me." Kate smiled.

"And were not gonna let you take Scott." I said bravely.

"Ok, well... obviously you guys have a lot to talk about.. so, maybe I saw some coffee, a vending machine, outside...?" Stiles jumped in. I hit his arm.

"You know I love your sarcasm and everything but nows not the time."

"It's my only defense.." The boy rubbed where I hit him.

"Listen to me, Kate- we have a plan." Argent told his sister.

"If killing Scott was part of it, you're worse than me."

"I didn't kill him!" I shouted.

"Look he's telling the truth- we're trying to get to the Benefactor." Stiles said.

"If you didn't notice, you're on that list too- and your worth more than most. More then little Anastasia over there." Argent told her.

"Thats why I'm here." she told us.

"Then back off and let us do what we planned. Take the Berserkers and go."

"The Berserkers?" I gasped.

"Kate, please. We have a plan." Argent pleaded. Just then his watch beeped signaling the five minute warning. Kate reluctantly let go of Argents throat and left.

"Anya hurry go." Chris pulled my spell book off the shelf where we hid it and flipped to the page. Kira burst into the room without Liam. I looked at it for a brief second then started to cast the spell.

"I call upon the one I sent purgatory and call him back to the living with me." I placed the magic over his heart and he screamed awake with a start.

"What happened? Did it work?" He looked around. I shook my head.

"Im sorry." I said. Scott just looked at me with a smile. "What?"

"I knew you could do it." Scott smiled. Just then some one opened the door. I look to it and see Liam with a grim look on his face.

"...What?" Kira asked.

"Its your mother... she's hurt." The boy announced. Kira dashed out of the room and to her mom.

"Thank gosh you're ok." I walked up to Liam. I grabbed his hand and he flinched. "Never mind. What happened up there?" I asked.

"There were these things and they were huge-" he started.

"Berserkers." I said. "You're alive so you must have done something right. Scott said thats what killed Garrett and Violet." Liam nodded absentmindedly. His eyes dashed all around the room. "Hey." I placed my hand on his face so he would look at me. "They can't hurt you now. They're gone. Ok? They're not here anymore. Why don't Scott and I take you home and you can get some sleep?" I suggested.

"I-i think I'm gonna wait for my dad. Thanks though." I nodded and kissed the boys cheek. I walked to the car with Scott as he started telling me why he thought the plan worked.

"No it didn't Scott. You almost died tonight. Because of me." I argued with him.

"One, I didn't die you brought me back. And two, it did work." He says.

"But no one came. And no one got visual confirmation." I told him.

"That's why it might have worked! Think about it-- who has the power to know when someone's dead, but doesn't need to see the body to know it happened?" He asked.

"...A banshee." I whispered.

Authors note!

Happy New Years Eve everyone!