chapter 16

The next day rolls around and since the school is closed for sanitation for two days Scott and Stiles had a plan. A very, very dumb plan.

"Is three enough?" Kira asked. We all looked down

"Depends on how many cameras the hospital has... but I think so." Stiles replied.

"Are we really doing this?" Liam asked.

"Yeah Scott, you literally almost died yesterday." I agreed.

"We're doing it- tonight." Scott says.

"But isn't it kind of dangerous?" Liam asks.

"It's incredibly dangerous and borderline idiotic." Stiles tells the younger boy.

"Have you guys done something like this before?" Liam persisted.

"Something dangerous? Or something idiotic?" Stiles asked.

"I think it's a "yes" to both..." Kira says.

"Multiple times yes." I nodded.

"You don't have to be part of this if you don't want to..." Scott puts his hand on Liam's shoulders.

"I'm not scared!" Liam said confidently. I slipped my hand in his to calm him down.

"Then your borderline idiotic." Stiles started. "If we do this, we don't know what's coming for us. You know that, right?"

"But are we sure something's even coming? What if we're doing this for nothing?" I panicked. "What if I mess up?"

"You won't mess up." Scott said to me while he pushed the spellbook back into my hands. "Plus, the tape from Garrett's bag said 'visual confirmation required.'"

"Simon," I flinched when Stiles said that. "said the same thing- he couldn't get paid by the Benefactor until he had proof that you guys were dead."

"So the idea is... what if you kill someone on the Deadpool, but you can't send proof?" Scott asked.

"You don't get paid." Kira answers.

"But how does that get us any closer to the Benefactor?" Liam asked.

"Well he still needs to know if the target is really dead." Scott started.

"Especially if it's someone high on the list." Stiles finished.

"So if he wants visual confirmation..." Liam trailed off.

"He's gonna have to come himself." Scott says.

"Ma'am" one of the paramedics touched my hand. "I need you to tell me what happened." I was in an ambulance. My brother laying half dead next to me. Come on Anastasia. Remember the plan. He's not actually dead.

"I-I just found him lying there. He-he wasn't moving." I cried. "Is he gonna be ok?"

"Ma'am we're doing everything we can." The same paramedic tells me. We reached the hospital and the rest of the paramedics rushed him in. I rushed to get out of the car. I followed behind in the hospital until they brought him into the operating room. I sat there for about 5 minutes before I heard.

"Melissa McCall to operating room 4 please. Melissa McCall to operating room 4 please."

2 minutes later my mom showed up.

"What happened? Anastasia? What happened?" She asked.

"He was just laying there. I-I didn't know what to do. I texted you but you didn't answer. An-and then I called you and you didn't pick up." I hyperventilated.