chapter 20

"What happened to my daughter." My mother yelled as the three of us walked into the hospital. I felt the two boys next to me stiffen up. "Ana oh. Your neck!" She glared at both boys.

"What? Don't look at me I got the call like 10 minutes ago." Parrish defended himself. She turned he gaze to Liam.

"She said she had to got to the bathroom. 5 minutes later I heard her with my hearing." Liam said.

"Ok. Parrish you can wait out here for her statement. You two come with me." My mom led us to an empty room. I sat on the bed with Liam behind me. "Now do you wanna tell me what happened. You don't have to right now-"

"What happened!" Scott said as he, Kira, Derek, and Argent ran in.

"Lance almost killed me." I murmured. "I went to the bathroom, came out, and he almost choked me to death. He got the "all contracts terminated" message and he still didn't stop. He said "if I can't have you, no one can." Liam tried stopping him but Lance pushed him back. So I used my powers to push him back. It was self defense I swear."

"I know. I know." Scott said and he hugged me.

"I just knocked him unconscious. He was gonna kill me." I blubbered.

"It's ok. It's ok. Hey, you did the right thing." Scott assured me.

"Honey, your neck." Kira gasped. Derek just looked off mad as did Argent as well.

"It's alright just a little sore." My voice got a little scratchy.

"Ok you aren't gonna talk for a few days until that heals alright?" My mom told me. I nodded.

"Are you ok?" Derek finally asked.

"I'm ok. Liam saved me." I leaned back into the boy and smiled.

"Thank you." Scott said to Liam.

"Ok all of you out. I need an X-ray on her neck." My mom told everyone. They all started making their way out of the room. Liam was the last to leave as I told him thank you with a kiss to his cheek.

"It was Meredith by the way." Scott told us.

After the x-ray and the statement my mom suggested I stay here for the night as it was late and I was already checked in. I tapped on the Liam's shoulder and pointed to the door. I wasn't speaking as my throat started to hurt.

"No thanks." He shrugged. I glared at him. "What if I leave and someone attacks the hospital and you get hurt even more? Or what if I leave you need something and no will hear you ask for it." He made excuses. I pointed to the remote that would call a nurse if I needed. "Oh. Still what if the hospital is attacked and no one can protect you!" He exclaimed. I waved my arms and nodded. "Really!" I rolled my eyes and nodded. "You know you love me." He says and I smiled. "You wanna come over tomorrow? Masons gonna be there and he might want to see how your doing." Liam asked. I gave him a look that said 'is that the only reason?'. "What?" He asked. I looked at him again. "Ok stop looking at me like that and go to sleep." He laughed. I shook my head and smiled.

The next night, Liam, Mason, and I were at Liam's house. I was watching them play cause they both denied Mario Kart. They've been playing for 4 hours.

"Oh!" Mason exclaimed when he lost. "When did you get so good? You been practicing? Or did you just suddenly get superhuman reflexes?" He asked. Liam's and my eyes widened at the same time.

"Uhh...Practicing. Yeah, I've been practicing." Liam stumbled on his words.

"And I should be studying." Mason said standing up from the ground.

"Where are you going?" Liam shoots up.

"Home? I got a history test tomorrow." Mason says.

"Come on, one more game!" Liam exclaimed.

"You said that 4 games ago. Have Ana play with you!" Mason suggested. I brightened at that.

"But she doesn't know how to play." I smacked him in the head. "Ow. Look, study here. You can stay over. Both of you! Come on... one more game. Just one."

"Are you ok?" Mason asked.

"Yeah. You're right. You should go. I should probably study, to... see you at school." Liam sighed.

"Ok." Mason hesitated. "Ana you want me to drive you or is Scott coming." As soon as he said Scott I nodded. He nodded back and then left the room. Liam plopped on the bed. I sat down next to him and held his hand. I gestured for him to tell me whats wrong.

"Its nothing." He says. I nudged his shoulder a little roughly. "I'm fine." I glared at him then gave him my puppy eyes. "What no. No don't look at me like that. I'm ok." I tilted my head to the side and gave him another look. He breathed out heavily. "I keep seeing them." He sighed. I looked at him confused. "The Berserkers. Ever since that night in the hospital I keep seeing them. But I didn't last night when I was with you." I gave him a sympathetic look. I stood up and looked for something to write on. I saw paper on his desk and grabbed that and a pen.

Everything will be ok. You just gotta face them. I wrote.

"No thank you. I don't wanna look at them again." He puts his hands up.

Not like that. Just convince yourself you aren't afraid of them anymore.

"Oh. Maybe not tonight." Liam glumly. Just then my phone beeped signaling Scotts here. I looked at him sadly. "Go. I'll be ok."

See you tomorrow I quickly scribbled down.

"See you tomorrow." He chuckled.

 I walked into school with my brother by my side and a scarf tied around my neck to hide the very prominent bruises that decorated my skin. Someone grabbed my arm as I squeaked a little. I turned to see Lydia.

"Don't wear the scarf." She simply said. I tilted my head in confusion. "Show everyone that you won't let it bother you. I didn't, and neither should you." She untied my scarf and put it in my hands. I nodded and hugged her. She smiled and I walked to my locker. As I was putting it away Mason runs down the hallway.

"Ana! Scott! It's Liam!" He said then gestured for us to follow him. 

Authors note!

I'm gonna start putting one chapter up a day because I want to keep this going for a few more days!