chapter 10

We make if it to the boathouse and Liam's fangs have now come out. Scott pushes him back into the pillar but he gets free. I stand back and look for something to help. I find an oar and run and knock him in the head with it.

"Thanks." Scott says.

"No problem." I smiled slightly. Scott grabbed Liam and lays him against the pillar and ties him up with the chains. I sit next to him and look at his facial features in the moonlight.

"I'm really sorry about how he reacted, Ana." Scott says.

"We should have listened to you." Kira apologized.

"Its fine." I smiled. After about ten minuets of silence Scott and Kira started speaking.

"He looks so young." Kira observed.

"He is. He's only fifteen." Scott replied.

"What are we gonna do with him?" Kira asks.

"Were gonna help him. We have too." I jumped in.

"But what if he doesn't want it?"

"He will." Scott says. Then we go back to the comfortable silence.

"What?" Kira says.

"I can hear the music from the house." Scott chuckles.

"What are they playing?"

"Is it Taylor Swift?" I asked. "I love Taylor Swift."

"No its electronic." Scott laughs.

"Oh." I deflated.

"I wish they still played slow songs at parties. At my old school there was at least a few." Kira says.

"Why do you like the slow ones?" Scott asked.

"I was always better at slow dancing." She smiled. I took out my phone and opened my music app. I played a slow song and Scott and Kira looked at me. I smiled as Scott stood up.

"Come here." He held his hand out for Kira to grab.

"What about them?" She asked.

"They can dance with me next." Scott joked.

"So, how are you so good at staying in control on a fun moon?" Kira asks.

"A lot of it is making sure that my pulse doesn't get too fast, and my heart rate doesn't go up." Scott explained.

"So, you've mastered it?" Kira asks.

"It still takes a lot of concentration." Scott told her.

"So, if something distracts you?" Kira teases.

"Im in-distractible." Scott joked.

"Uh guys." I say. Liam was starting to wake up. And he was angry. Liam then growled.

"I also just heard you growl." Kira laughed.

"Guys!" I shouted again. They both turned around to see Liam yanking on his chains.

"Uh are these chains gonna hold him?" Kira asks.

"Liam. Liam listen to me! Please! Please calm down." I pleaded.

"Ana don't get too close!" Scott says. Liam yanked the chains one last time and they came off. He lunged at me and knocked me down. In my peripheral vision I see Scott trying to come at him but I used my magic to push him back.

"Liam you don't wanna hurt me. I'm sorry. I am so sorry for lying to you. It wasn't right. But I just wanted to help you." I cried. He looks at me for a second before jumping through the window.