Chapter 23 💥

Y/N Pov:

After days of classes and torturous training, it was finally the day of the dance.

I went to the common room to get something for breakfast when I saw Katsuki about to leave.

"Wait! Where are you going?"

"Did you think that I would skip training just because of the dance?"

I shook my head.

"If you wait a couple of minutes, I'll come with you. I just need to get ready first."

He set down his bag and sat down on a couch.

"You better not take long!"

I grabbed a granola bar and ate it as I raced back to my room. I quickly got dressed in workout clothes and found a way to keep my hair out of my face. I grabbed my water bottle and ran to the elevator.

Katsuki was waiting by the door with a scowl on his face.

"Come on."

He stomped out of the dorm building and towards one of the training grounds.

"Why are you so mad? I didn't take that long to get ready!"

He ignored me and sulked into the training room. He stomped to the fighting mats and I followed him.

We quickly stretched, and then without warning me, he lunged for me.

He aimed an explosion at me and I couldn't dodge it completely. I felt the shirt and skin on my stomach burn.

"You're going to the dance with the stupid nerd! Aren't you?!"

"What?! NO!"

It was like he didn't hear me, or at least didn't comprehend it.

I staggered back and tried to avoid his attacks. He attacked me relentlessly and I couldn't get a hit in.

I used my quirk to make him feel afraid, but he didn't stop. He kicked my feet out from under me and shoved me down. My whole body ached, and I did not want to fight him anymore.

"You win."

It was like he didn't hear me. He kicked my side and I curled up to protect myself.

"Katsuki!"

He didn't stop as I tried to scoot away.

"BAKUGOU!!"

He stopped kicking me and looked down with horror in his eyes. When he saw the burnt skin and bruises on me, he sunk to the ground.

He looked at his hands with terror as I slowly uncurled myself.

"Bakugou. What happened?"

He looked at me and dropped his head. He stood up and ran out of the room, leaving me lying there.

"Bakugou! Wait!"

He was gone.

I dragged myself to the bench with all of Bakugou's stuff. I was in such a hurry that I forgot to grab my phone, so I grabbed Bakugou's.

I typed in Dad's number and let it ring.

"Who is this?"

Dad picked up almost right away and I sighed in relief.

"Hey, Dad. Could you come to get me from the training room?"

"What happened?! Actually, never mind that! I'm on my way."