Chapter 9 💥

Y/N Pov:

The five of us ran into the fake city. Jiro stopped and listened for movement around us.

"Mirko and Aizawa Sensei are both this way!"

She led us down the streets and Kaminari passed me one of his targets.

"Put this wherever you think it will work best."

We got to a park in the middle of the city, and there was Mirko. She had tied my dad to a streetlamp and was guarding him from the ground.

"Hello, heroes. Come too close and he dies!"

She pointed to Dad and I couldn't take it any longer. I manipulated her emotions so that she felt a crippling fear. She stopped talking and her eyes went wide. 

Bakugou went to knock her out, but I realized that was exactly what Eri and I had looked like when Overhaul came for us.

Memories flooded through my brain and I accidentally deactivated my quirk. Mirko shook off the fear and kicked Bakugou's head, sending him flying into the side of a building.

I tried to control her emotions again, but she was ready for it now.

"So, Y/N? How are you adjusting to being a hero knowing that a man died during your rescue mission?"

My thoughts stopped and I stared at her. Her eyes widened with regret. She had just been trying to play the villain, but she went too far.

"What?"

My voice was quieter than a whisper and my vision started to blur.

Mirko moved closer to me and I threw Kaminari's target at her. It stuck to her arm and Kaminari saw his chance. He electrocuted her as much as he could without going stupid, and when he was done, Bakugou flew over.

"You jerk! Don't kick me into a wall!"

He aimed a massive explosion at her face, and once the dust cleared, she was knocked out on the ground.

Kirishima and Jiro had left with Dad a long time ago, so now it was just Kaminari, Bakugou, and I.

Bakugou stomped over to me and shoved me back.

"You almost lost this match for us! I got kicked into a wall because of you! Why do you have to be so helpless?!"

"Bakugou! No need to be so mean."

"Shut up, Dunce Face! She deserves it! You can't get distracted in battle! Were you willing to sacrifice all of us just because of your problems?!"

My eyes filled with tears as he glared at me.

"I didn't try to."

My voice was still quiet, but they both heard.

"Well, you did!"

Bakugou stomped off and Kaminari put a hand on my shoulder.

"I'll go talk to him."

Kaminari ran off and I was alone. I had to force myself to keep walking. I couldn't break down. At least not right now.

I forced a smile back onto my face and dried my eyes. No one would know the pain that I felt right now.

An announcement rang throughout the city.

"Team Bakugou, Kirishima, Kaminari, Jiro, and Y/N pass this activity with no deductions! Please return to class."

At least my mistake didn't ruin it for everyone else.

I got back to the waiting room and Mina ran over to me.