28 Never Too Busy For You

Nearly a week has passed since I brought Mack into my memories in Nell's office. When I came to, I felt shattered but now I feel back to normal, a rebound that took me years last time.

'You didn't have Chris,' Ember reasons.

She's right. He was the first thing I wanted when I came to and he held me together. Just his contact acted like an anchor for me, reassuring me that I was safe and loved. That Ethan showed up was the cherry on top.

I'm by no means looking forward to facing Matt but I feel more secure knowing I'm not alone.

I stretch out in bed, rolling on my side and look up at Chris as he sleeps, spread out with his bare chest on display. As if he feels my gaze on him, his golden-green eyes flutter open and find mine.

"That is a great way to start the day," he murmurs, drawing me closer. My heart flutters at his husky tone that wakes up something else in me.

"I can think of something better," I tease, sliding my hand up his chest. In an instant, his gaze darkens and all traces of drowsiness fades away.

"Someone's in a good mood today." He nuzzles his nose against mine before lifting my chin for a kiss. My smart ass reply washes from my mind as his lips press and demand against mine, drawing a wanton moan as I feel my core hum to life. "Fuck, Jess."

I laugh at his response as his lips travel down my neck, towards his mark. "If you insist," I tease, trailing my hand down his abs to his morning wood.

Chris groans against my throat as I grip his shaft, the slightest stroke has his hips flexing for more. "Baby, we already overslept," he warns, his voice strained and hoarse. I can't help but giggle as his words don't match his roaming hand as he cups one of my breasts.

"If that's the case..." I trail off, rolling away from him to get up. My momentum is stopped in its tracks as a large arm drapes across my chest and pulls me back against him.

"And where do you think you're going, little one?" he growls, playfully nipping my earlobe.

"If the king is busy," I breathe out, struggling for words as his lips move dangerously close to his mark, making my mind go fuzzy. "I-"

My mind empties as he rolls one of my sensitive nipples between his finger and thumb while his lips worship his mark. I moan and roll my hips against him, feeling his hardness against my ass.

"Never too busy for you," he promises in a tone that makes my heart turn to goo.

Like I weigh nothing, Chris shifts my hips and throws my leg over his. I turn to sass him and he captures my lips once more, swallowing my moans as he slips into my heat.

Chris shifts his position to wrap both arms around me, one hand staying on my breasts, the other travelling south. I cry out, tossing my head back against his shoulder as he circles my clit, making my body writhe against him.

He groans, rocking against me and hitting that spot deep inside that makes my eyes roll back. My core knots tighter and tighter, begging for release. I whimper, raking my nails through the short hair at the back of his neck, begging for more.

Chris groans, picking up his pace and once again brings his lips to my neck. My core quivers around him, right at the edge of release.

I moan out his name, feeling his canines sink into my sweetspot, sending me over. My body pulses with pleasure, clamping down around him as he finds his own release, growling and holding me tighter.

We lay there entwined, panting as we come back down. I whimper as his canines retract, missing that closeness and shiver under the attention of his lips as he cleans his mark.