Chapter 2: Light

Recap: "It's all your fault then." Mother growled at me as she started calling the police to report Father. I got up shortly after and hid in my room under the bed, sobbing quietly into the plushies.

'why did this happen...?'

Now, 1st pov

'What time is it...did I sleep all day?' I rubbed my eyes as I crawled out from the bed with my plushies in hand. Looking out in the hallway I stood up and got dressed to get ready for either a sitter or to be dragged with Mother.

"Y/n! Come downstairs, now!" Mother yelled as something was slammed down. I flinched in surprise and rushed downstairs almost slipping on the slick tile as I sat down on the stool.

"Good, now eat up and get ready for your first day at the Daycare you little brat." Mother told me as she started getting her stuff ready, she hasn't looked at me since yesterday...

I nodded silently as I ate my blueberry waffles quickly and brushed my hair out, occasionally wincing from the bruise. After that I was ready so I sat in the car and waited for Mother who was slowly stumbling out the door with a strange looking bottle in her hands. I ignored it and looked out the window as she started to drive, my plushies distracted me sometimes.

-an hour later-

We got stuck in traffic and Mother was swearing the whole time, I did my best to stay silent even though she tossed her glass bottle at a car making me flinch from the loud sound. We got to the pizza place eventually as she held my hand as we went inside.

I smiled as she ruffled my hair with a faint smile as we walked to this place that she called a Daycare. We took an elevator and some stairs! I started to get dizzy from the thought of how big the place was.

"Alright Firecracker, we're here. Don't break the rules and don't hit any kids just because you get angry, alright bye~" Mother said as she lightly shoved me towards the slide as she walked off somewhere out of my sight. I frowned as I looked at the slide.

'"Slide into fun" huh? What's so fun about a Daycare?' I thought with a frown as I sat on the slide entrance and eventually slide down and into a cold ballpit.

I clawed out of the pit and onto some foam platform, looking up I see children of all ages and toys everywhere! The playground was what caught my view though, so many places to hide! I touched my Sides only to feel emptiness. Panic soon setting in as I jumped back Into the pit to search for my plushies.

At this point I was sobbing, I found my sun plushie but I couldn't find the moon one that went with it. I stood up and wiped my sore eyes when I felt a pair of hands grab me and placed me on the foam floor. I look up to see a huge version of my plushie!

"Hello new friend! I'm Sunny! Who might you be? Why are you crying?" The sun thing asked me as it danced around in a circle.

"U-uhm...I'm y/n and I've lost my plushie in the ballpit..." I looked up at the sun thing while pointing at the pit and the sun plushie.

"What does it look like?" He asked me as he crouched down to sit on his knees to meet my height.

"It's a Moon version! They're really special to me! Please help me find it Mr. Sunman!" I pleaded to him as I hugged him.

He seemed surprised but he hugged back and nodded.

"Ofcourse! Just go have fun while I look for the plushie!" He says happily standing up and pointing at the children and coloring sets.

"O-Okay. I'm trusting you." I smile softly before running away with the sun plushie to go color.

-five minutes later-

I've just been drawing my plushies and me holding their hands! I smiled sadly and hugged the paper and the sun plushie, 'did I even ask the sun thing his name?' Turning around I was heading to the ballpit when this tall boy ran into me, making both of us tumble to the foam floor with a soft thud. I curled up in a ball on my Sides while I held my bruised head, for some reason the whole Daycare went silent minus the Sun robot digging around while humming.

"Watch where you're standing you tiny freak!" The boy shouted at me as he stood above me, his brown hair messed up from running, his eyes were blue and below his eyes was a band-aid on his cheek.

(A/N, no this is not Gregory. He comes in much much later)

I stood up to face him but I was standing below his chin so I didn't really look all tough.

"That's not nice! Please say sorry!" I asked politely while hiding my balled up fists behind my back.

"No, you say sorry first, you shrimp." He huffed out while crossing his arms. I glared at him as I mumbled a quiet apology and bent down to pick up my plushie.

"Whoa! The limited-edition SunDrop Plushie! Where'd you get it!?" He shrieked in excitement as he snatched it from my hands, earning a surprised angry scoff to erupt from me.

"My Mama won it for me! Please give it back!" I was seething with rage, oh how badly I wanted to push him but Mother said no fighting. So I can't.

"Too bad so sad, it's mine now!" He teased as he held the plush way above my head as he stuck out his tongue for attitude. I jumped up multiple times trying to get my plushie back but my short legs won't let me!

"What's wrong? Are you too short to reach, shrimp?" He cackled at me as the Daycare was deathly quiet, not even the robot made noise.

That's it. I'm going to hit him so hard all his teeth are coming out early!

I launched myself at him with a screech of anger, trying to get my plush back. I technically wasn't hitting him so I'm not breaking the rules.

Although he did hit me, After an unknown amount of time later the fight was broken up by the sun animatronic.

"Children, Children! Why are you fighting? No fighting in the daycare!:" The sun said as he held both of the plushies that was the start of the fight in the first place.

"He stole my plushie and was calling me names! I didn't hit him at all!" I whined in pain as I could already feel the bruises forming.

"Well you should've just given it to me so that I wouldn't hit you." The boy said with crossed arms trying to justify his actions.

The sun animatronic didn't like this and dragged the boy outside, telling him that he was banned. Soon after that the sun thing came back and gave me the plushies. I politely thanked him as he nodded and guided me to the first aid station.

"You are one strange child. Tell me, why do you like the moon plush?" Sun asked me as he put on a bandaid.

"Hm? Oh it's because I love space! Sun and Moon should always start together, it's a set!" I smiled proudly as the conversation turned into just me telling cool facts while sun listened and coloring.

Many hours later all the kids went home and I was written up as a "stay the night special" whatever that means. I was getting tired and waited for the lights to shut off. Sighing in defeat I stood up and started looking for the lights switch.

I ran my hands over the control panel and I had only grazed the button did the lights when sun freaked out and dragged me away, which made me scream in surprise.

"Little one that area is off limits! You're going to get us in trouble..." He said seriously despite dancing around me in a circle.

I huffed out my disapproval and marched right back to the buttons with a stubborn look on my face.

"W-Wait! Don't you want a puppet show? I've got glitter glue, you want glitter glue? G-Googly eyes?" He desperately tried to gain my interest but I shook my head and turned off the lights.

...

Oops?