NATIONALS 90210

Sabrina Pov

"let's go, Let's go, Get in here!" 

"Hello, everybody." 

We all said hello back.

"Intensity Dance was intense. I saw lots of mistakes, and yet, this was the week where every solo needed to strive for perfection. This was the last competition before we go to nationals. You were duly warned. We won the 2011 national title? I want to win it again. Now, this week, we're gonna stay right here in sunny Los Angeles, but... we are going to the most famous zip code..." 

"90210. Sorry." Melissa says gasping, and everyone laughing at her.

"We are going... 90210. Beverly Hills." Ms. Abby says.

We all start clapping. I'm excited.

"We are going to the Energy Dance National Invitational. So, let's get to the pyramid. Paige, you knew you were gonna be there. You forgot your dance. You have so much more talent than you're able to show, A: because of an injury, and B: because you don't remember what you're doing. Next... Nia. I thought you could have been better. I need you to be just as strong at the end as you are at the beginning. Next... I have Chloe. Chloe, you've been consistently in the top five for most of your life. Sixth is not good enough for you. Kendall... You came out there strong. You were exciting.  You were energized, your tricks were clean. Your movements were sharp... You attacked them. Everything an ok jazz dance needs to be. Moving along. Brooke. You won. You were in the overall high scores. I was proud of you. But you know what? You are capable of doing more. And you're lazy. And you're sitting there saying, 'This is good. I can coast. I'm still winning. I'm still getting platinum. I can just step out there and do one trick stand and get platinum.' That's what I see happening." Ms. Abby says.

Sometimes I feel bad for Brooke because she really is trying but Ms. Abby just doesn't see it.

"Next... Mackenzie. It's the easy stuff that you mess up. The round-off back handspring was great. The side aerial was great. The aerial walk-over was great. Next... Maddie and Sabrina, you both are at the top of the pyramid. Maddie, are glad to be there next to someone that beats you all the time?" Ms. Abby says to Maddie and she nods her head.

"Sabrina routine is what a jazz dance needs to be. The face was perfect. The pointed feet were perfect. Everything mad that jazz dance good." Ms. Abby says I can see Jill getting upset.

 "Was it better to win, or better to sit in the audience while everybody else gets better?" Ms. Abby asks Maddie

"It's better to win," Maddie says.

Sabrina Maddie

Mackenzie Brooke

Kendall Nia Paige

"Now, everyone is in the group routine. And this group routine is very disturbing. And the title is 'My Last Text.' This routine should leave the judges feeling something. Energy Dance is allowing us to do five additional routines. Mackenzie, you're doing a solo this week. Maddie, you will have a solo because you just won the overall. Sabrina, you will also have the solo since you tied with Maddie. Brooke, you will be doing 'The diary of Anne Frank.' Paige, you will not have a solo this week. I want you to concentrate on the group dance, and I want you to remember it. Nia, Kendall, and Chloe,  we're gonna teach all three of you the same choreography. So you there get your game faces on, and remember-- they're not your friends. They're your competitors." 

Ms. Abby dismissed the moms and we started to stretch. 

FOUR DAYS TILL THE COMPETITION