BREAK A LEG

Sabrina Pov

"Come on girls, let's go!"

When we come into the room Paige and Kelly are missing.

"Where are Paige and Kelly?" Ms. Abby asks.

"They're at the doctor's," Brooke said.

"Today?" Ms. Abby questioned.

"I think it's more serious than just a toe," Christi says.

"She said it's really swollen," Melissa adds on.

"I told her not to fool around. Kids, do you understand that your body is your instrument? That you need to take care of it. And I said, 'Girls, don't fool around.' There's cement underneath this carpeting. I remember vividly saying that." Ms. Abby says.

"Where's Jill?" Christi asks.

"Jill is not an official member of this competitive team. She would like to think so, but I may forgive people, but I don't forget. So, congratulations are in order. We had an amazing trip to Lancaster. I entered three solos in the competition... and I had three girls in the top ten. This week, we are going to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania." Ms. Abby says and we are all excited.

"Let's start with the pyramid. On the bottom, we have Paige. Paige had an outstanding performance. She was sixth overall high score. And then, accidents happen- she might be out a week or maybe she'll be able to dance today. Moving on. Mackenzie. If you're in a competition, you're there to learn. And next, I have Chloe. Chloe, you did a great job. You didn't have a solo or a duet, so it's a little difficult to judge. But you did a great job in the group dance. And now it's Sabrina. Sabrina, you weren't here last week so I can't judge anything but you have to find your way back up the pyramid. And next, Brooke. Brooke, because of your maturity during rehearsal all week, is why you're up there. And, second, on the pyramid, is Nia. Nia, you went out there and you sold that number. And on the top of the pyramid is Maddie. Maddie, you're there because you beat everybody else there. You were the highest score the judges gave out."

Maddie 

Nia Brooke Sabrina

Chloe Mackenzie Paige

We all clapped for Maddie and I gave her a side hug.

"All right, now, we're all in the group dance except Mackenzie. Mackenzie, you have a solo. Maddie, you'll also be doing a solo. Brooke, you have a solo this week. You will be doing 'The Diary of Anne Frank.' Sabrina, you will be doing a solo, harry will be choreographing it. Chloe, you have asked me for years about a duet with you and Paige. This is the week." Ms. Abby said and dismissed the moms.

FOUR DAYS TILL THE COMPETITION

I've been taking a lot of ballet classes and I'm getting really good.

We are practicing the group routine when Paige comes in with a boot on her leg.

"We just got back from the orthopedic doctor. It's broken," Kelly says, talking about Paige's foot.

Ms. Abby groans.

"Yep, four to six weeks she can't dance," Kelly says, and Ms. Abby looks shocked.

"Chloe's crying," Paige says.

"You know why Chloe's crying? 'Cause you got your duet this week." Ms. Abby says to Paige. Paige looks upset.

Paige sits and takes notes on the dance we are doing.