Dream (Hyunjin x Reader)

"Jinnie!" I called, rushing towards the tall boy, waving like crazy.
He rolled his eyes as he saw me run towards him, waving back.
"You don't have to be this excited, you know. You see me like every day." He chuckled, patting me on the head.
"I know, but I had a nightmare.. I couldn't reach you.." I said, looking to the floor.
Hyunjin smiled weakly. "It's just a nightmare, okay? I'm right here, see?" He said, waving a hand in front of my face.
"I know.. anyway, where was it you wanted to take me? That's why you called me here, right?" I asked.
Hyunjin chuckled, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.
"Yup! It's a surprise though. Put this on!!" He said, passing me a black blindfold.

I slipped it on, feeling him guide me towards the car.
We drove for awhile, Hyunjin humming beside me.
He pulled the car into park.
"We're hereeeee!" He announced. "Don't take it off yet!" He said, walking around the car, opening the door and helping me out.
"Okay, you can look~" Hyunjin said.
I pulled the blindfold off, and looked around in amazement.
Cherry Blossom trees sprouted around us, glowing in the warm sun.
The lake shimmered like diamonds, making the park glow.
"Hyunjin.. this is where we met.. you were with Jeongin and Bang Chan.." I recalled, looking to him.

"I know! I wanted you to see it during Summer! It's so much prettier! Don't you agree?" He smiled.
I smiled back. "Yeah, I agree."
He interlocked his hand in mine as we walked around the lake.
"Hyunjin, is something wrong? You seem kind of.. off today." I said, turning to look at him with concern.
"I'm fine! Don't worry about me! Hey, do you wanna go get a coffee??" He asked.
"Sure.." I responded.
We wandered to the edge of the park, walking into a small cafe.
"This was where we had our first official date.. well, at that time it was a hangout.." I said.
"Oh yeah, it is! It's a nice little cafe though. Wait here, I'll get our drinks!" Hyunjin said, walking to the counter as I took a seat.

He came back with our drinks, placing them down.
"How are the rest of the boys? Are they alright? I haven't been in contact with them lately, they're quite busy." I asked, fiddling with a teaspoon.
"They're alright! They've just been busy with training, you know. We all have." Hyunjin said.
"Well that's understandable.." I shrugged.
"Oh! Y/N! I heard there's this awesome cake shop nearby! Wanna go?" Hyunjin asked, jumping up.
"Cake? Sure, I'm in." I smiled. "Race you back to the car!!" I exclaimed, running off.
Hyunjin smirked, before chasing after me.
"Y/Nnnnn, come on, I'll ruin my hair if I run anymore." He said with a frown.
I slowed down, "fineee, but it looks fine either way y'know."
Hyunjin ran ahead of me, smirking. "You fell for it again, Y/N~" He cooed, reaching the car.

"That's no fair!" I pouted.
Hyunjin giggled. "I'm sorry, I just didn't want to lose, y'know."
"It's fine." I said stubbornly.
"I'll buy you a cake to make up for it." He said.
"That'll work." I said, smiling slightly.
We drove to the bakery, hopping out.
I looked up at the sign.
"Hyunjin, this place isn't new. We had our last date here." I said.
"Last?? Isn't this a date?" He asked.
"I meant as in before we became a couple." I said.
"Ohhh." Hyunjin said. "I'll go get the cake!" He exclaimed, heading to the counter.
I looked across the road, staring at the roof of a nearby building.

Why did it feel so familiar.
"Hey, Hyunjin, have we been on top of that building before?" I asked.
"Hm..?" He asked, following my eyes. "I don't think so. We can go up there to watch the sunset if you want." Hyunjin suggested.
"Yeah, sure.." I said.
"Here's the cake! Let's dig in! I think we all need something sweet every now and again!" Hyunjin smiled, his eyes crinkling.
"How I miss that smile.." I said.
"Hm? Y/N, are you alright?" Hyunjin asked.
"Yeah, I'm fine.. I don't know what got into me, I'm sorry." I said, eating my cake slowly.
The sun begun to set.
"Ah! Y/N let's go!! I want to watch this!! It is our first day of being a couple!!" He said, grabbing my hand and running up the nearby buildings stairs.
"Hyunjin, it's been over a week, hasn't it?" I asked.

"How time flies!" He said, helping me into the roof.
He stood near the edge, admiring the sunset.
"Now I remember.." I whispered. "Hyunjin.. please step away from the edge, you'll get hurt." I said.
"I won't, but okay, okay." He said, stepping back.
I felt tears slip down my cheeks.
"Hyunjin, can I hug you?" I asked.
He looked at me with a sad smile, turning to the sun.
"Times running out.. I'm sorry.. maybe next time." He said, a year slipping down his cheek.
I rushed forward, grabbing for him.
Only to meet with the cold air.

I sat up and looked around at my dark room, tears sliding down my cheeks.
I turned to the photo frame at the side of my bed.
"You were too young.. why did you have to leave me.." I whispered.
Bang Chan opened my door carefully.
"Hey, Y/N, there's some food on the table if you want something." He said quietly.
I wiped my eyes. "I- I'm not hungry.."
Bang Chan looked at me tears, before coming to sit beside me on the bed.
"Did you have the dream again?"
I just nodded, as he pulled me into his arms.
"I miss him too.."