Grian's Revenge (Grian angst?) (Pt 2)

*This is part 2 of Mumbo's Betrayal, so read that first.*

TW - Mention of suicide.

Also, this chapter is a bit short, and it's left pretty vaguely on purpose. I do not plan on making a pt 3.

*Narrator's POV*

Iskall and Doc were pulling an unconscious body out of the water, and that body was Grian. They pulled him over the edge and laid him on the grass. Doc used his coat to wipe Grian's face, then sat by Grian. After checking his pulse, and trying to do chest compressions, which ended miserably, they decided to play the waiting game. They didn't want to carry Grian back, just so that the others don't see him. "Doc, do you think that Grian will forgive me?" Iskall asked, worried. Doc thought for a bit. He didn't want to make Iskall feel bad but wanted to be honest at the same time. The truth was, Doc didn't know. He didn't yet know if Grian was the type of person who held grudges, or if he was more forgiving. Doc had never seen Grian in this type of situation before, so he didn't know what to say. He decided to be intentionally vague, to reassure Iskall. "If you play your cards right, he certainly will," Doc answered. After a few moments, Grian woke up. "Wha- what? Iskall? Doc?" Grian sputtered, coughing up a mixture of water and blood. "Oh, uh, we'll explain later," Iskall said, pretty panicky about the blood. "Eat these, they'll help," Doc said, not very surprised. Grian took the pills and swallowed them. After about 10 minutes, they got it to the point where the blood wasn't that bad. Iskall whispered to Doc. "Should I tell him?" Doc nodded. "So..." Iskall then explained everything that happened and expressed his apology to Grian. "Oh, it's ok, we all make mistakes," Grian said, smiling. He was almost too understanding, which sparked a bit of concern in Doc's mind. One, Grian, being so forgiving, would be vulnerable to betrayal, as with Mumbo. But more importantly, Doc's plan for revenge would be a bit hard to execute. "Hey Grian, what do you think of Mumbo now?" Doc asked. "Huh? Oh, he's a bit quiet, but amazing nonetheless," Grian answered. Grian was a bit confused by the implied intentions on that question but shook it off. Doc whispered to Iskall. "I think he has a concussion" Iskall responded, "So?" "It means he has to rest, and one of the symptoms of a concussion is memory loss," Doc responded. "Oh, ok," Said Iskall, who didn't know the plan that Doc had in mind. A few weeks went by, the three becoming really good friends. They eventually told Grian about the whole betrayal thing, which was a bit hard for Grian to comprehend. 

"What? c'mon guys, he wouldn't do that!" 

"Ugh, here we go again..."

"Grian, you've got to just accept it."

"*Inhales* Ok, fine, but then what?"

"Ohh, you're gonna love this,"

"Oh my god."

They took their corresponding wings and left. They landed on a cliff that overshadowed the land, and then they waited for nightfall. They watched as Mubo held meetings. They watched as a cannonball crushed Grian's house. But what did they do? They just watched and waited. Eventually, night had risen, and the rest of the hermits had left. They stayed completely silent, in order to not wake the others up. Doc took the sirens from his bag and placed them on the ground. Meanwhile, Iskall and Grian were building a few lights that were so bright, they might as well be a suicide method for people with epilepsy. Finally, they built the "gift" per se. 

"Ready? 1, 2, 3, go." 

Click.