Chapter twenty: Simple commission

Kirito's POV

How did I get myself to be enjoying this conversation with that ginger hair woman? I know she's just trying to get me back into that weakling "other" Kirito. Even that criminal, Eugeo. Why are they so damn obsessed with me? Can't they leave me alone?

"Kirito, do you want more sandwiches?" I glance at her and I realized I been staring at her basket for quite awhile. "They're decent." I answered and grab another sandwich, eating it. I heard footsteps approaching and I swallowed the sandwich with one gulp then I look at that damn annoying knight, Eydis was it?

"What do you want?" Eydis folded her arms and look at me, of course she doesn't want to be near me. She is a weakling since she can't beat me without relying on her shadow skill and that skill barely does anything if it only attacks the physical area. "Commander Bercouil requests you should go to the dark territory. There may be some hints of some goblins and wizards of some sorts trying to pass the boarder and cause harm-" I stood up and I chuckled.

"Thank you Eydis, maybe this mission can be a little entertaining." I said to her as I felt someone grabbed my wrist. I look down to see that woman. "If you're thinking of going with me then I'm going to say no."

"No, I insist. Please take me with you, Kirito. I promise I won't be a burden!" She won't be a burden? I doubt it. "If you won't take Asuna, then how about taking both of us? I'll watch her and you'll do the work. Sir Kirito." The blond male approached to me and he seems so serious. From what I seen he isn't going to be some person that's gonna require me to watch them. He can handle himself instead a baby like Asuna who can't even use her god powers.

"Fine if it would make you shut up!" I sigh annoyed, rubbing my temples and walked away, heading to the dragons landing zone floor.

Asuna's POV

"That did not go well.." I sigh in relief but I probably made Kirito more annoyed around me, but Atleast he has a soft side of Eugeo. "We should probably head out." I look at Eugeo as he nodded. We followed Kirito to floor 30 but Eugeo stopped. "Uh, Lady Asuna. Quick question but how can we fly without a dragon?" I stare at Eugeo and we both just went to a dotted eye expression face.  "O-Oh uh. Maybe we can ask Eydis or Alice to borrow it?" I ask which Eugeo blinked. "I'm sure Amayori can let us ride on her. Right?" Eugeo ask, chuckling nervously.

"I'm sure Alice's dragon can let us ride on her. Let's give it a try." I grab eugeo's hand and ran to floor 30. The gates were already open to see Kirito's dragon is gone, seems like he isn't patient..

I looked around to find where Alice's dragon is since there is a lot. Eugeo went over to amayori as she look at him. Eugeo started petting the side of her dragon face if that's how you been call it which amayori takes a liking too. "I think amayori will let us ride her for just one day." I approach to amayori and she gave a low purring noise. Is she a cat? Wait dragons tend to make these noises if they aren't angry.

"Well she is already saddled up. Lady Asuna, I hope you don't mind the rough ride." I blink at eugeo's words. It can't be that bad!

Later...

"HOW DOES ALICE OR EVEN KIRITO GET USED TO THIS ROUGH WIND?!" Eugeo couldn't hear me since he tried his best to ride on Amayori to the direction where she may think Kirito's dragon Kuroyori might be at. I held eugeo's waist tightly so I wouldn't be blown off. "I DONT KNOWWWW!" He held tightly on the reins and amayori snorted. We both continue flying pass the boarders of the human realm into the dark territory.

Amayori landed somewhere far from the camp. It seems Reasonable since the enemy would just instantly see a dragon flying above. Especially the dragons just mean intergity knights. I look around to just see this place like a desert but it's red. "I'll be trying to fly with Amayori, probably try to get a clear view." Eugeo nod in agreement as I climb back on to Amayori. "Okie amayori! Please be gentle with me since it's my first time riding a dragon." Amayori started to lift off and I grip tightly onto the reins. "I'll see you on the battle field if we will be getting into a fight!" I shout and Eugeo gave a thumbs up. "Alright!" He started running in the opposite direction.

Eugeo's POV
After we got separated, I ran to the opposite direction. Hopefully to find some sort of camp in the dark territory. I hope lady Asuna will be alright. I need to find Kirito and try to help him. The mission probably is to infiltrate the enemy without them disrupting the peace in the human territory. If that even makes sense...

Some time has passed and I have manage to finally find the camp. "Seems clear..." I grip onto the sword handle tightly, rushing in to enemy territory. They seem to be packing up on a carriage or something. "An intergity knight?!" I pull out the sword out of the scabbard. "ENHANCE ARMAMENT!" I shout as my sword glows bright blue, impaling it onto the ground. It started freezing them which they effortlessly tried to break themselves out.

I pull my sword out of the ground and approached to the goblin. "...." I stood there with silence. Maybe I should try to ruin their plans of coming to the human realm. I heard something cracking, I turn around to see the mage who was there aiming her bow and arrow at me. "DIE!" My eyes widen, how did she manage to escape that easily?! Was she hiding? Or did she manage to break out by willpower?

I can't make it- I can't block it in time! It's too close!

I saw a figure who is blocking my view, black hair.

EUGEO!

Author note: sorry it took so long. Especially if this chapter sounds bad. I'm just slowly losing motivation on continuing this book. I'll try to keep uploading though. Thank you for reading and having patience with me. ^^

Words: 1088