Chapter three: Plan

Eugeo's POV

After the night, I barely got any rest. Alice walked up to me with some food on her hands, it is berries that she checked that aren't poisonous. "Eugeo, I know you are worried about Kirito. We will get him back." Alice said as she handed some berries over to me.  I was rubbing my temples, my head slowly looks up at Alice. Her hand is offering the berries which I took some and started eating the red berries. "How? Quinella let us out alive but I doubt the Integrity knights are going to chase me since I'm still the proclaimed criminal that slaughtered a noble family member. While you are now the traitor who has turned her back against the taboo Index to help a criminal break out and escaped from the tower." I simply just listed the problems that we had to deal with now to her which Alice had a subtle look of worry on her face. 

Alice sat down next to me and sigh. "News is already spreading within the cathedral tower that the pontifex is killed by two swordsmen. If Kirito is synthesized, the knights would have suspension and perhaps harsh comments about him and why he is now the integrity knight since his crimes broken the taboo index, they were severe ones as well." Alice explained that now the tower is going to raise their defense and security for criminals that won't break out easily. 

"What about the dark territory?" I asked and Alice folded her arms, she thought a moment. "They will still focus on guarding the dark territory so goblins or anybody in that area that goes through the human territory will be killed. There are about two or three knights guarding the human territory over the boarders of the Dark territory." Alice explained the duties of being a knight which made me think of ways how to get back into the tower undetected and get to Kirito. 

If he can break me out from the synthesized spell even if its a bear minimum, it will weakened it. "How about we go through the dragons den? Where you got out last night?" Alice shook her head by my question. "It may work but at the same time, I suggest we stay low for now. All we have is our swords. We need to heal ourselves up before we break into their security." Alice suggested that we need to rest.

I inhaled and exhaled to just ease my nerves. Alice is right. We have gotten out of the cathedral tower and deep down, I am really exhausted from the fight with the Pontifex. "You're right Alice. Where do we go though?" I ask and Alice finished eating her berries then she looked at me, her gaze is calm on her response. "We will go to Rulid."

We're going to Rulid Village? Our home? The home we were born to and the place you were taken away? What is the village elder going to think?

My eye contact dropped as I look away from Alice. Guilt started getting to me, if the news did spread that I was arrested and taken to the Cathedral tower then it is possible that I will be exiled out of my own home. "I doubt they will accept us in..." I whispered. "Eugeo are you okay? I heard you said something but I couldn't hear you..." Alice said and I look back at her. I shook my head. "I'm okay, but we are already setting camp here. I don't think we should head to Rulid village due to our crimes." I really don't want to go into Rulid Village after what happened. Even if they didn't hear the news that I was arrested, I knew that they wouldn't accept Alice. Her sins were to be having no memories of anybody in her home village. I doubt they will not like that. 

"If you say so, Eugeo. We will camp here till we are ready to head back and infiltrate the tower." Alice agreed with my suggestion, I sigh in relief. At least Alice isn't going to disagree and we continue going to Rulid. 

"Although Eugeo, I am not sleeping outside all the time. I will try to build a cabin!" Alice pointed at me and I blinked. "O-Oh yeah.. I will help you with that since my previous calling was the woodcutter." I chuckled awkwardly as Alice stood up. "Alright, we will start building now. Let's cut down these trees and clear out the area. Sadly though we have to use our swords to cut these trees down." Alice walks away from me and I stood up from the ground. I dusted my pants from the dirt and stretched. "Is it best though that we get food other than berries?!" I shouted and Alice looked over at me who was about to reach for her sword. "Well there is a farm nearby, you can work there to get Shia or borrow seeds even tools if you want!" Alice said which I looked around but all I see is trees, trees and more trees...

"You sure?" I doubt Alice for a second and she looked back at me. "The cave is occupied by my dragon, her name is Amayori. Unless you wanna sleep with her then be my guest! But I flied above the skies and I did see a farm nearby, a couple distances away on the northwest from here. I'm sure you can handle walking long distance." Alice answered and she pulled her sword out of the scabbard. "A-Alright then Alice. I will head there right now." I looked around to see Alice's cloak is still on the dirt and I picked it up. "Is it alright if I use this?" I ask her permission but Alice seems busy by cutting down trees which seems to be really fast but the trees have low durability then our blades so that's reasonable. 

I worn Alice's cloak as it was just light brown with just dirt marks around it. I don't really mind but when the house is built, yeah I am going to wash this. I followed the directions that Alice pointed out and I started walking out of the forest. 

Meanwhile...

"Something happening! His fluctlight got altered!"

"What?! How?! Nothing got into our systems.. Unless something in the world and got into the commands to alter somebody's fluctlight...!"

"It doesn't matter! We need somebody to find him, but it requires for them to get into the underworld..."

"But, Who though? I doubt any of us will do it and plus we need you in charge of the monitor."

I'll do it.

Author note: ehe :3 - Scarlet

Words: 1117