Chapter eleven: Deep of the Distant Memories

Eugeo's POV

I woke up to somewhere dark, the ground that I was laying on is liquid as I slowly sat up. I looked around and it's completely dark, only the faint sounds of the water droplets. "Hello?! Anyone there?!" I shouted, all I got is my echoes. I immediately stood up, starting to walk around the empty, darkness and the faint footstep of the water. "Anyone?! Please answer!" I looked up to see a bright light. How can I get up there?..

I look back down to see I am in a completely different surrounding. Empty, Hollow, nothing but water leading to the pathway of somewhere. A single wooden boat even a single stone seat made for just one person, the walls made of Stone blank of nothingness. An small stairway that shows the glimmer of light, hope but it turns of shattering the stone walls into rubble.

Note from author: UHH- so here the thing. I'm only describing of what Eugeo is seeing. So actually eugeo doesn't know what a boat is. Just like an innocent boi he is. Plus there weren't any like oceans or things in the underworld before moon cradle sooo yea *^*

"Where am I?.." I walked to the wooden thing with two wooden seats and to see nothing. "Does this move on its own? What is this?.." I'm confused of the thing next to me. I step onto the thing with my right onto it and it reacts to my weight as it started to move a bit but I continue to step another of my left leg then sat on.

It suddenly started to move on its own, I freaked out the second it started to move but I manage to calm myself a bit. I let the thing move on its own as it went through the pathway of stone pillars. It stopped to see steps to the light but it seems endless by the looks of it.  I was about to step out until...

"Eugeo."

I heard someone call out my name, I started to look around. "Hello?!" I shouted again for a response.

"Eugeo.."

It's faint but yet it sounds like someone calling out for me? The thing continued to move, but in reverse now. I'm getting more confused of what situation I am in at. Is this place even dangerous? It seems so empty..

It stopped but this time I felt someone behind me, I turned around to see someone that I have not expected. Not in this place. I stood up and stepped out, looking at them. Slowly approaching to them.

I see Kirito, in a curl up position and it seems like he is crying. He is wearing a white long buttoned up sleeve shirt and black pants with no shoes. "Kirito?.." I called out in a hushed voice and he looked up at me. "Eugeo?.." I went up to him and bend down to his level. "I'm sorry Eugeo. I'm so sorry.." Why is he apologizing?..

Is it about him keeping me alive even though I wanted to pass on and meet Alice in the afterlife? What is his motive for keeping me alive?

"What do you mean, Kirito?" I asked and he seem so lost and broken. "I don't know why.. But I'm here. And I been alone for so long.." he's been alone? Here? Where are we?

I grabbed his shoulder and I started to try and comfort him. He acts like a little kid sometimes but this time, he sounds like he desperately needs help. "Kirito, I'll get you out of here. I promise on that." He started to shake his head like it's impossible. The world suddenly started to crack into pieces. I know immediately that we are about to run out of time.

"Kirito. Remember the phrase you always say? And I would use it in the wrong time?" Kirito nodded as he looks at me, I wiped his tears and ruffled his head like we always do when we were kids.

"Stay cool, Kirito.."

He slowly gave a smile and grabbed my hand, holding it tightly. "Please find me, out of this place." Looks like he doesn't realize he was synthesized. It hurts me even more that I don't have enough time to tell him the truth. "I will." I let go of his hand as the white light blinded me, I saw Kirito giving me a small smile.

Eydis's POV

I am walking with Asuna to my chambers and as I have open the door. "Asuna, if you wanna talk about Kirito then you can go ahead." I said, maybe give her some time to vent about the situation and especially seeing Kirito like that.

"... I have no words to say." I went over and touched her shoulder. "I know it is hard to see knight thirty-thr.. I mean Kirito. But, I don't know how you will get him back. It's impossible to get those modules out of the head. Going of what Alice has told me, they are so close to someone's fluctlight. It could permanently damage him if we don't think of ways of to take the best approach." I explained to Asuna as she nod her head.

"Why Kirito? Just why? Why did you take the risk like you always do?.." I continue keeping my eye contact to asuna, she seem confused. Is it because of Kirito actions of wanting to be an intergity knight? I mean, the only way we could answer that question is Eugeo..

But he is unconscious, I been healing him with sacred arts as it seems to fully recover him. I looked up at Eugeo and I saw his fingers twitched for just a second. I stood up and slowly approach to him.

Eugeo suddenly woke up and sat up, gasping out of breath like he been running for a long time. "Woah woah! Eugeo! Relax, you're in a safe place!" I tried to reassure him as he looks at me.

"Where's Asuna?.. I need to tell her something!" Eugeo spoke like there is no time to loose. Asuna approached to me and looked at eugeo. "What is it you want to tell me?" Asuna asked as Eugeo look at her, trying to relax his breathing.

"Where is Kirito? I need to get to him.."

"... Kirito has gone out to the dark territory."

We need to get to him.

Author note: oh m y. •^• - scarlet

Words: 1077