Chapter fourteen: Approach a cold heart

Eugeo's POV

We have landed back inside the dragon's zone. I climbed back down and I been trying not to look at Alice. I'm afraid she is still mad at me or Asuna because we wanted to go due to Kirito's presence. "Eugeo.." Alice tried to approach up to me but I ran off. I can't face her. Not right now. I ran down the stairs, I heard mumbling from other people but I don't care if the other intergity knights have seen me passing by.

After running down the stairs for quite awhile, I stopped and looked around to see roses around me.  I am completely out of breath as I try to regain my stamina. I already knew where I am at. The rose garden on floor 0. Where it all began. I hear swords clashing against each other, is there a fight going on? Shouldn't it be taken in the training hall?

I hid somewhere behind the bushes and I poke my head to see Kirito, but he seems completely different with somebody else. He's with a little girl that looks like him but of course, younger. He seems completely surprised because the little girl has disarmed his weapon by hitting of his elbow with the hilt of the sword. I can tell it is a lower durability weapon.

"I'm impressed.. You manage to not aim for my sword but instead you aimed for my arm." He said as he picks up his sword and sheathed it. "It is because I knew your sword have higher durability and it can break mine when it touches it. I used a skill Serration Wave." I tilt my head, a skill from aincrad technique? I never heard of that one..

I see Kirito rubbing the little girl's head. "Nice to see someone doing their homework to get stronger. For the first time that I am surprised by your skills." He said as the little girl didn't mind by his actions and I had a small smile. This is the only time I'm going to see Kirito like this.

I tried to step out but I stopped. He isn't going to be the same Kirito. Why do I even bother trying to step out of my hiding zone?

Kirito grabbed the little girl's arm and hid her behind him. "Whoever is there, show yourself. If you are going to lecture of how horrible I am as a teacher then say it to my face!" He shouted. Should I show myself?..

"It's just me, Kirito." I walked out and I looked at him. He's clearly pissed off. "You again?" He sounds annoyed, I need to change topics. I need to try and get close to Kirito. "I am just passing by. I wanted to compliment of how well you are teaching your student."  I said as he isn't buying it.

"Are you lying to me? I know you are just getting me to be like your Kirito. Wake up Eugeo!" He suddenly stopped looking at the little girl who is tugging his sleeve. "What?" He asked and she pointed at me. "Who is he?" She asked as I pointed at myself. "Oh me? I'm Eugeo. You may know me as a wanted criminal but my crimes were-" I got interrupted by Kirito.

"It wasn't. He's just a criminal who broke out of his cell." I chuckled awkwardly and slowly approached to Kirito. "I know we have our differences but I would like to add something to her training." I offered as Kirito sigh in annoyance. "First off, why? And second, return to your little protector Alice." The more words he says, the more it's aching my heart. "Please, Kirito Synthesis 33." His eyes changed to being tensed into a confused one. "Fine but if you make my student be unworthy and weak then I'm throwing you back to your cell and waiting the day of your execution." I gave a small smile but deep down, I'm scared.

He stepped away as I slowly approach to the little girl, bending down at her level. She reminds me so much of the younger version of Kirito. The difference is that she is like a doll, emotionless, no life in her eyes.

She looks like me when I was synthesized...

"Hello Uhm.. what's your name?" I asked as she slowly looks at me. "Kiyoko synthesis 14." She answered and I tilt my head. I didn't see her before when Kirito and I were climbing the tower.

"So, Kirito going let me train you. Would you want that?" I asked and she gave a nod. I looked at Kirito and he rolled his eyes, walking away from me and sits close to the bush of red roses.

"Oh well, I guess that is a yes from uh.. Sir Kirito!" I went back to my level and looked down at Kiyoko. "So you got a spare sword? Because I wouldn't want to break your training sword that easily so.." Kiyoko tilt her head in confusion. "... Can I try wielding that one?" She pointed at my blue rose sword. "Uhm.." I opened the Stacia's window on Kiyoko. Her durability seems to be a bit lower to wield the blue rose sword but would it be worth the shot?

"Alright, here." I unsheathed my blue rose sword, offering it to Kiyoko. She had her tiny hands holding onto it's handle and she tried to lift it but it dropped right onto the ground immediately. She tried again and again after multiple attempts. I been watching her trying to grab my sword for like 10 minutes and it's getting awkward..

I noticed her hands were starting to bleed then I touched her shoulder. "Let's use wooden swords, alright?" I bend down to her level and she didn't wanna give up but I grabbed her wrist and generated sacred arts to heal her hands.

"Are there any wooden swords?" I asked and she shook her head. I turned my head to see Kirito has fallen asleep, I looked at Kiyoko. "Do you have some books you could read?" I asked and she gave a nod. She even pulled out a book too about sacred arts then walked to the fountain and sat down, opening the page.

I walked over to Kirito and sat down next to him, turning my head to see his face. His sleeping face is so peaceful. I slowly had my finger approaching to his cheek but Kirito woke up and suddenly grabbed my hand so tightly. "O-Ow!" He realized it was me and dropped his grip. "are you finished with kiyoko's training?" He asked as I look at Kiyoko. She seems to be alright if I lied to him.

"Yes. She has been training well." I answered and Kirito seem suspicious of his answer. He looks at Kiyoko which she didn't look at him, she continued reading but she spoke up. "He has." Kiyoko answered as Kirito folded his arms.

"Go ahead and go to your room little brat." Kirito said as Kiyoko stood up and nodded. She walked away and probably is heading into her room. I pulled out something and it was steamed buns. "You want to eat this?" I asked since I got some when Alice is giving me some food while we were traveling to the dark territory.

"I'm not hungry." He answered and his stomach growled, he turned his head not looking at me. I had a smug on my face. "Come on, you need to eat." I tried to insist as he tries to move himself away from me.

I grabbed his chin and forcefully moves it to face me, I slammed the steamed bun into Kirito's mouth. "Come on. I'd would suggest that you should eat since you are so strong after all.." I said as Kirito gave up and ate it.

While eating my steamed bun, it was cold but hopefully I'll get some better food soon and especially ones that are warm..

I heard something coming from Kirito's words and I looked at him, "what is it? Sorry I couldn't hear you..." I apologized as he sigh annoyed then he looked at me. "I said thanks. Jeez.." I gave a small smile.

He stood up and walked away from me. He didn't say anything else as I spoke up.

Your welcome Kirito.

Author note: finally some Kirito and Eugeo bonding... Comment on the story to give me more ideas of how they can strengthen their relationship!

Also happy New years as of when I'm posing it. Thank you so much for reading this story that I thought would be horrible plot / story as I have gotten it from just looking at the picture. I will continue posting chapters but till then I think I hit writers block so give me some time to recover owo - scarlet

Words: 1481