The Funeral.

I dropped the control panel and place a hand to Tricia’s emotionless face. She was no longer in pain. No longer suffering. Doctor’s burst into the room holding syringes and nurses trailing behind him.

“Miss,” said a nurse, pulling me back from Tricia’ lifeless body, “I’m going to ask you to leave,” She pulled me towards the door and gave my body a slight push. I got out to the waiting room where the others were. My body felt numb. The only thing I had close to a mother was gone and never coming back.  I could faintly hear people call my name. I collapsed in the floor and sobbed. I felt someone pick me up and hug me. I buried my head in their neck. I recognized the scent rather quickly. Zayn. I sobbed and sobbed and not until I started feeling wet moisture on the shirt of my shoulder did I realize Zayn was crying. I hugged him tighter. In that moment I realized that if he had cheated it didn’t matter at the moment because there were way more important issues. Zayn had lost his mum and I was not going to be selfish enough to be mad at him for his stupidity at a time like this.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“You girls want anything to eat? I asked as we entered the house. Waliyha and Safaa both shook their heads. Zayn sniffled a bit and said he would be heading up to his bedroom. I smiled at both girls and hugged them both. They both literally collapsed in my arms. I struggled to pick them both up and walk them to the living room and into the couch. They both cried into my arms. They sobbed for what seemed like hours, the sun went down and Safaa fell asleep in my arms. I looked over at Waliyha who had moved from under my arm into the loveseat and had brought up her knees to her chest. I sighed and picked Safaa up with a huff. I wrapped her legs around my waist and her arms around her and walked towards the stairs.

“I’ll be back,” I told Waliyha, who only responded with a grunt. I walked slowly up the stairs, afraid that Safaa’s weight might push me backwards. Finally I got to the top of the staircase and frowned. Where was I supposed to take her? There were only three rooms in this humongous house. We kept a lot of useless things in one. There was one were Zayn slept and then there was my room. I sighed and took her to my room where I laid Safaa down on the soft bed and draped the warm comforter around her after I had taken her shoes and belt off her. I laid out a pair of my smallest pajamas out for her and set them at the foot of the bed just in case she woke up and wanted to change. I opened a drawer and looked for my favorite pajamas and some clothes I might need while the girls stayed here. I switched the light off on the room and stepped across the hallway to Zayn’s room. I quietly slipped inside and set my stuff down in the little couch Zayn kept to play video games on. I looked at the sleeping figure on the bed and frowned. He was heartbroken. They were all heartbroken. All of them. I inched closer to the bed until I caught sight of Zayn’s face that was illuminated by the small particle of light that was coming through the opened window curtains. His face seemed so peaceful. The pain of losing his mother gone. He seemed to have decreased in age. Instead of looking twenty- two he looked like that “bad boy” I had fell in love with when we were both fifteen. I hesitantly took one of my hands and held it up to his face. Tracing the dry tear tracks. I pressed a small, sweet kiss to his dimple and left the room.

I walked down the stairs, feeling drained from today’s events. Waliyha was still sitting in the same position I had left her in. I walked towards her and sat next to her. I wrapped my arms around her small frame. She completely broke down.

“Why?” She bellowed

“It’s okay,” I whispered.

“No it’s not! Mum is gone and there is no way to bring her back!” She said and hid her face in my neck.

“I felt the same way when my mum died,” I said, “I wondered why the most amazing people get taken from us. I wonder if I was to blame for her dying. I wondered if my dad and she were together, where ever they were. I wondered if I was a bad daughter for not cleaning up my room when they asked me. I wondered lots of things. Trust me if I could go back to fix everything and thank them for everything and the roof they put over my head for sixteen years, I would. Thank them and hug them and tell them I love them. But I can’t, the only thing I can do is live the life they would want me to live. Have kids and be happy and that is what you should do. I’m not telling you not to be sad or forget about her but just think that she sees you from heaven. She see’s you being sad and do you think she likes it?” I asked only to receive a small no from Waliyha. “She would want you to be happy. Of course you have to cry and be mad in order to not get over it but cope with it.”

“Will I ever get over her?” she asked in a small voice.

“No. I don’t think you can get over it but you learn to cope with it.  And then you find that small things help.”

“What helped you?”

“Well first off, your brother helped me a lot.”

“Zayn?” She asked

“Yeah…also singing and helping others made me feel happy and complete.”

Waliyha stayed quiet and I started humming. Eventually she fell asleep, I wondered how I was going to get her up the stairs…maybe we could sleep on the couch.

“I’ll get her up the stairs,” Zayn said, scaring me.

I looked up and he took Waliyha from my arms and picked her up bridal style. He turned from me and went up the stairs. Minutes later he returned.

“Where did you lay her?” I asked Zayn.

“In your room…I saw you laid Safaa down there so I thought that’s where Waliyha would sleep too.”

“Do you want to eat something?” I asked and he shook his head.

“Thanks.” He said as he took a seat next to me.

“For?” I asked, confused.

“For what you said to Waliyha, I know I would have never said something like that. Thank you, Brook,” He said.

“No problem. She is like a little sister to me,” surprised that he had listened to our conversation.

“And about Perrie…I’m−“ I cut him off again.

“I don’t want to hear about that. I’m not really your wife. You don’t want to be with me. I get it. I’m not going to grovel. I’ll soon leave you to Perrie. Trust me I don’t want to be tied down to someone who doesn’t love me back,” I said, getting up.

Zayn’s P.O.V.

But I do love you.

Ω*Ω Days Later Ω*Ω

“My mother was the best mother I could have wished for,” I said as my voice cracked at the end. I looked over at the people who had come to support our family.“ She was beautiful and talented and loving and she was the best cook. She always pushed me to get the best grades. Mum, guess what? I finally got an “A” not just in a test but in life. Come back,” I whispered and let the tears fall. “Come back so I can thank you for all of those home cooked meals you gave me. For hugging me until I couldn’t breathe every time I came back from tour. Thank you for telling me you loved me every time you saw me. Thank you for supporting me. Come back so I can thank you for all those home cooked meals. Thank you for cleaning my messy room and the way you never judged anything I did. Mum, I can’t let go of you. Please come back. You will never see your grandchildren running wild at the park. Nothing will be the same without you. But promise you one thing and that is to make you proud of me. So, so proud of me.”

I finally let go of myself and started sobbing. I felt some one rub my back and pull me off the podium away from the sad eyes looking at me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

She was lowered onto the ground. Soil was thrown at her casket. I was holding Doniya, Waliyha and Safaa. I looked across and saw that dad was sobbing into Alice’s shoulder. I let go of the girls and walked over to him. I reached out a hand and put it to his shoulder. He looked up and we just stared at each other until we hugged.

“I love you, Zayn.” He said.

“I love you, Dad.”

~*~*~*~*~

So this is probably my favorite chapter because I lost my mom too. So I knew what to write. I loved it! I’m proud of it. So in the next chapter there will be a serious plot twist!

Again thank you for reading!! And Zayn's little speech was inspired by the song on the side. Read the lyrics i know its a bit hard to uderstand :}

I love you guys!  And also thank you to Jasleen for helping me write this chapter.

Comment, vote and fan! Thank you!! 

~Sharon