The Wedding Day

Brooklyn’s P.O.V.

Today was the day. The wedding day. I’ve been sitting in a makeup chair all morning. With the Lou running her fingers through my hair trying to make it look decent. Finally she put it up in a bun at the nape of my neck. She put on my makeup which she lasted not very long on. While the entire time I was fidgeting in my seat. Looking around, moving getting me to get burn with the curling iron a couple times. 

“Need to sit… still!” Lou scolded.

“Sorry,” I murmured.

Everyone was ready. We had gotten Lux to be our little flower girl and one of Zayn’s youngest cousins to be our ring barrier.  If truth be told I was nervous. Zayn had not spoken to me since that day in the meadow and I don’t blame him. I would hate me too. I’m scared of what might happen after today. It could all change. Maybe I would apologize and make it all better. But this wasn’t like the movies. I couldn’t just apologize like nothing had happened and go back to like what it was. No, I couldn’t do that. I had made a huge mistake and it’s about time I get a consequence. If the consequence is that he hates me… then so be it. But could I live knowing he hated me? When I loved him dearly.

Oh, be quiet Brooklyn. You brought this all to yourself. You were the one that told him you did not want him, I told myself.

Still…

“You are all done!” Lou exclaimed.  I smiled at her and tried to look in a hand mirror but Lou pried it away from my hands.

“Hey!” I protested.

“Not until you are in the dress,” She said.

I frowned but stood up, flexing my muscles. I was so stiff! But who wouldn’t after sitting in a chair for almost six hours.

“So we have exactly an hour to get you in the dress and to the ceremony,” Lou said like it was nothing.

“What?!” I exclaimed.

“Don’t worry, Brook I’m a pro!”

Hmmm.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I could hear Wagner’s March in the other room. All the bridesmaids and groomsmen had already marched down the altar and it was just me and Tricia standing outside the closed double doors.  I had asked Tricia only a week ago if she could do me the honor of walking me down the altar. She had agreed in mere seconds. It only seemed logical for her to walk me down the aisle. I had no brother and both my parents were dead and Tricia had been my mother’s best friend.

“Are you ready, Brook?” I hear Tricia ask me. I looked down at her and my heart nearly broke. Yes the cancer had returned and most of her hair was gone making it so she had to wear a scarf on her head.  She looked paler than usual and her eyes were deep but she still looked happy. And If I was being honest I was planning on leaving the groom but looking at Tricia made that plan be flushed down the toilet.

“As ready as I’m ever going to be,” I said and the two double doors opened. Tricia and I looped our arms together and started walking down the altar.

This is it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“I do,” I said after what seemed like an eternity.  Zayn smiled faintly at me. I smiled back. The pastor said something and then I Zayn leaned in too close to my face. He paused just a little and raised an eyebrow, I nodded ever so slightly and he kissed me as people clapped and cheered.  We pulled apart after a few seconds and looked at the blinding flashes of the cameras and our friends and family.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I looked at out at the crowd as we danced our first dance as a couple. Miley Cyrus’s voice seeping through the quiet room. She looked stunning on that stage. She was singing our wedding song, “When I Look At You.”

“Thank You,” Zayn whispered and squeezed my hand.

“For?” I asked.

“For saying yes, for marrying me.”

“Of course,” I said. He held me tighter and I rested my head on his shoulder . This kinda felt…right.

“I’m sorry,” I whispered.

“For?”

“For…for… what I said,” I looked up at him.

He scowled and then his eyes filled with hurt as he twirled us both around.

“If you’re sorry…. Then why did you say it?” He asked.

“Because-“ He cut me off.

“I don’t want some lame excuse; I want the truth he said in a hushed tone.

I looked around then back at him, “ Because you broke my heart and I thought it would only be fair that I broke yours…. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.”

“Didn’t you think of what I felt like?” He asked me.

“Why? When you certainly didn’t all those years ago.”

He looked at me and it looked like he wanted to cry.

“I’m sorry for anything and everything I did,” I said even though I was pissed off.

“Not as sorry as I am,” He said and smiled. The song ended and people clapped. Then Tricia started clapping her fork against her champagne glass. People around her started doing the same and soon the whole room was filled with the sound.

“ What are they doing?” I asked.

‘I think they want us to kiss,” Zayn whispered while still holding on to my waist.

I blushed as he leaned in.

If we stopped with the fighting and the revenge… I could get used to this.

~*~*~*~*~

I didn’t like it. But Here it is. They are married!!!! Now prepare for what’s to come!!! I have all planned out!!! Stay tuned!!!

Thank you for reading! And thank you for fanning and commenting. Your comments make my day so much better! I love you guys!

~Sharon xx