Chapter Seven - Fat Kid

Tell us about your life. Hi there. I'm seven years old. I have a mommy and a daddy, but right now I just live with my mommy. On the holidays I go to my daddy's house, adn I way prefer it to my mommy's house because mommy barely ever buys me sweets but at Daddy's house we have pizza every night and watch movies. Then he gets ice cream from his giant, gigantic freezer and we eat it straight from the tub. Sometimes we finish a whole tub in just one night. Mommy's house is boring, she makes me go to bed at eight o'clock, which is nothing compared to Daddy. Sometimes I stay up the whole night at Daddy's.

What was your occupation before you started commuting? Uhh... I guess I was a little kid. I've gone on the train with Mommy - is it called commuting? That's a big word. Like we do in spellings - anyway, I've gone on the train with Mommy every day to school since I was five. She works in a great big office thing somewhere, so she drops me off at school and goes to work. She has to get to work by half past eight, so she drops me off at twenty past. That means I'm real early, so I get to go to Early Club. It's fun because they put out big bowls of Haribo for us to play with.

Why are you based in London? You mean like why am I at school in London? Well basically it's because Mommy works in London, and she has to catch the train at seven o'clock, so she can't drop me off at Coxbury Primary at half past six because nobody's there and it's all shut up. If Daddy lived with us he'd be able to drop me off, but Daddy lives in Ireland and I have to catch a plane to get over there. So it would be very impractical. I learnt that word yesterday, in spellings, by the way.

Why don't you just move to London? Don't ask ME why. Ask Mommy.

Lastly, tell us an interesting fact about you, or your family. The reason I have hundreds of iPads and DSs and mobile phones is because when Mommy and Daddy split up, I was about five. I'm like an only child, so they were really spoiling me and now I have loads of stuff to play on.

Thank you for your time. Well, the lady who gave me this tape is offering me loads of Har-