Episode 15: Green Fingers

~The Man Cave~

It was a glorious new day in Swellview; the sun was shining, the birds were singing and yet, (y/n) still woke up that morning feeling

It was a glorious new day in Swellview; the sun was shining, the birds were singing and yet, (y/n) still woke up that morning feeling...off. It was a weird feeling, like that sense you get when you first feel the onslaught of an upcoming cold, but she shook it off with a chuckle.

Sickness, nah. She didn't get sick, not since she was fried by the Densitiser. Whatever that thing did to the young woman gave her immune system one hell of a kick, not to mention to super-regeneration, so any flu, germ or virus couldn't touch her. Not anymore. It was just one of those days, it had to be.

"Hey, you all right?" Ray's soft question snapped her out of her daydream and she looked over from her seat on the back of the couch to where he was getting hot coffee from the auto-snacker. That's what (y/n) needed; a pick-me-up. Pure, steaming caffeine to shake off the gentle pounding in her head and the queasiness in her stomach.

"Yeah, just tired. No thanks to you." She smirked, accepting a mug from her boyfriend and taking a quick sip to let the sweet bitterness wash over her tongue. Ray's cocky smile grew at her words, forgetting about how floopy and droopy his sweet girl looked when memories of the previous night came flooding back.

"You loved it. Wouldn't stop screaming, if I remember correctly." He teased, watching her ears turn red and her nose scrunch up. His girl looked so cute in her pyjamas, hair still ruffled from their late night, but the natural look and no need to impress anyone just made her so beautiful.

"Oh, shut up, doofus. Have you fed Colin?" She asked, wanting to move on and enjoy the peace between them before Schwoz came shouting or the kids arrived for work. There never seemed to be a spare moment in the Man Cave, not for Captain Man anyway.

"Yeah. 'Lil guy loves his carrots, just like I love you." Ray smiled, curling an arm around her waist so he could give her a sweet kiss, which made her toes curl and tummy flutter. Just the domesticity of it all; the coffee, the pyjamas, the idle chat, she loved it and she loved him so very much.

The fluttering didn't last though. Before either one of them could lean in for another, the supercomputer's alarm started beeping, leaving the couple to sigh as they bumped noses. Never a spare moment.

"I think Henry's trying to holo-call." (y/n) whispered, taking another swig of coffee since the ringing of the computer was like a signal telling her that the rush of the day started here and wouldn't stop until she was dragged to bed later that night.

"He should be on his way to work by now. Why's he calling?" The man pondered out loud, making his amused girlfriend raise a hand to lovingly caress his cheek.

"Answer it and you might find out, sweetheart." She chuckled, watching as he reluctantly stepped away from her calming aura and turned around to see what his sidekick wanted. It better be good, he gave up a second kiss for this.