Episode 11: Space Invaders Part 2

The problem in space was still very real. Not a bad dream or a false alarm, no, Captain Man, Miss Danger and Kid Danger were still staring down the barrel of a gun currently being held by a frowning little girl. She was enraged about something and the superheroes daren't put a finger wrong, save she blew their heads. Could she be the one who locked up Jim Dickle and Neil?

"Okay, little girl. Who are you? How old are you? What are you doing here? Why'd you hit us all on the head?" Ray's questions came fast and furiously and every time the child tried to give him an answer, he just asked another one.

"Doofus, let her answer." (y/n) hissed at him, seeing the way the little girl was trying to cooperate but couldn't because of her boyfriend's impatience.

"Well, I have a lot of questions." He snapped, still feeling a little cranky from the bump to the head, but a small hand on his shoulder made him snap out of it. Anger would get them nowhere.

"Captain Man! Miss Danger! Kid Danger! Help us!"

"Let us out!" Neil and Jim screamed from inside the storage compartments they had been locked inside. Everyone could see their need to get out through the clear, plastic door, that and the thumping of their fists was a giveaway too.

"Be quiet, dad!" The girl hissed at Jim Dickle, shocking the superheroes to their core. A child had done this to her father? This was getting weirder by the minute.

"Dad?" Ray frowned, surprised that the feisty little girl had locked up two grown men on her own. (y/n) too was shocked, it was weird to see someone from her college days in a completely different light, with a child of all things, even if he wouldn't recognise her through the mask.

"Hey! Don't talk to me that way! I'm an astronaut!" Her dad replied harshly, proving to the young woman that even after ten years, Jim Dickle was still so full of himself because he had been chosen as an astronomical prodigy.

"You're gonna get it you little brat!" Neil threatened the girl, which seemed a little harsh. Yeah, she'd done something wrong, but speaking to a child like that seemed so horrible, it made (y/n)'s hair stand on end.

"Yeah? Who's got the piece?" The girl snapped back and held up Ray's large blaster so Neil would quake in his boots. With her father and his friend quiet, she could focus again on pointing her newly acquired weapon at Captain Man and his sidekicks, who were still confused with the entire situation.

"Okay, what is the deal here?" Henry asked, fed up with whatever weird family issues were going on. He just wanted to get to the nub of the issue and move on.

"I'll tell you the deal. That's my daughter, Kelsey!" Jim Dickle explained, making Kelsey tense up at her dad's lecturing tone. She was doing this for a good cause and even Captain Man wasn't going to stop here. "And she's not supposed to be here," Neil added, further adding to her irritation. Grown-ups just don't understand anything.

"Well, sweetie, how'd you get on board?" (y/n) asked the little girl,  ignoring the gun that was waving in her face and bending over so she was at her eye level. She liked kids, she was good with them and a blast to the face wouldn't be devastating, just mildly inconvenient.

"I used my dad's I.D." Kelsey sighed. All these adults, just got in her way, even if the lady was trying to be nice.

"And then?" Ray gestured for her keep to keep going, feeling slightly nervous as to how close his girl was putting herself to the blaster. He loved her kind spirit, but seeing her in danger made him nasty.

"And then I sneaked onto the supply rocket, hid in a storage container and here I am."  Kelsey sassed the superhero and kept the gun pointed at him.