Episode 6: Hour of Power Part 1

~In the Man Cave~

"And according to city officials, this mistake at Swellview prison is the biggest mistake in the history of prison mistakes." Those were the words of Mary Gaperman as Charlotte, Jasper and (y/n) watched the afternoon news on the supercomputer. 

Some big-time criminal had escaped from jail and for some reason, it put the young woman on edge, but she wouldn't let anyone catch on to her nervousness.

"Wow, so disturbing. And now, we go live to Swellview Prison with reporter, Barnie Viragosa." Trent rolled the Latino name as (y/n) glanced at the news roll at the bottom of the screen. A criminal named "Drex" was out and she suddenly felt a chill of fear run down her spine.

"Want some soup?" Jasper asked the two girls, breaking (y/n) out of her worry. She didn't want to sound rude, but drinking someone else's soup was a bit gross.

"You don't share soup," Charlotte told the boy, rolling her eyes at her friend's weirdness. Even after many years of friendship, Jasper still knew how to catch her by surprise.

"I share soup with my mom." He noted, not seeing anything weird about what he just said.

"Do we look like your mom?" (y/n) asked him sarcastically, wondering at his oddness. She'd heard all about Mrs Dunlop and knew that she wasn't going to be winning any Moth of the Year Awards soon.

"I wish..." He said wistfully, but (y/n) shushed him as the reporter came on screen. She wanted to know everything about this escape since it could very well be the end of everything in the Man Cave.

"I'm here outside Swellview Prison with Mark Landry from the prison parole board. Mr Landry..." The reporter turned to the pale-faced man, who looked extremely worried and for good reason.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." He grabbed the mic so he could apologise profusely as he knew that he'd released a literal menace into society.

"How could you have accidentally released one of the FBI's most dangerous criminals by mistake?" Barnie asked him sharply, grilling the poor guy with his stern words.

"Um, see, today is bring-your-daughter-to-work day and my daughter, Molly, was playing with my computer and somehow, she released Drex from prison. Again, I'm so sorry." He explained, gulping at the thought of the rampaging criminal cutting down people in his path.

"Molly, how could you release Drex, knowing how dangerous he is?" The reporter bent down next to the girl, who looked very innocent with her half-eaten banana.

"I'm five." She gave him a gummy smile, proving that it wasn't her fault that Drex had been released. She was just messing about.

"Oh, kids do say the stupidest things." The reporter chuckled, although he was making himself out to be the stupid one by picking on a small child.

"Uh, Barnie, any news on the location of this criminal named Drex?" Trent asked, just as the psycho himself crept into the shot and strangled an unsuspecting prison officer.

"Not at this time, but investigators are using all available resources to conduct a complete search of literally everywhere," Barnie answered as (y/n) gasped at the sight of Drex. And to make matters worse, here came Ray.

"Charlotte! I need you to log into the Man Copter's computer guidance system." The superhero instructed his assistant as he came trotting down from the sprocket in his super suit. He must've heard about Drex and was preparing for the battle if the numerous weapons he was collecting were anything to go by.

"Ooooo, you're taking the Man Copter?" Jasper asked, excited to see his favourite hero in the helicopter. It was always so awesome to see him in action.