Episode 20: Swellview's Got Talent

~Swllview's Got Talent studio~

Don't ask how they did it, because they didn't really know either. Ray, (y/n) and Henry had scored the opportunity of a lifetime when they each offered a place as a guest judge on one of Swellview's best and most entertaining shows, Swellview's Got Talent. Not as themselves, of course; no one was interested in seeing some random guy, his girlfriend and his employee clap or boo the contestants. No, they were going on as Captain Man, Miss Danger and Kid Danger, the greatest ass-kickers in the entire city, which, come to think of it, was probably how they got invited in.

"In five, four, three, two..." A man dashed off the stage, just as the lights came on, the cameras twitched and the show's energetic host sprung onto the stage, ready for an evening full of entertainment. The crowd went wild, cheering, screaming, waving their homemade signs, all for the man, who was one of those suave schmoozers who get any group of people going when he smiled.

"Good evening and welcome to Swellview's Got Talent! I'm Danny Chest--" The host announced, smirking into the camera when some random woman in the audience proclaimed her love for him in a shrill voice. It seemed he was really popular, something Ray could understand.

"I get the same thing all the time." He whispered to (y/n), making her scoff and chuckle at his big-headed joking. To say that there were cameras everywhere and she was going to be on national television, the young woman was surprisingly calm, mainly because she loved the show, knew it inside and out, and she would be flanked by her favourite teen superhero on one side and her charming, adorkable boyfriend on the other.

"Oh, yeah? I bet you say that to all the girls." She teased, keeping her gently smiling face focused on the stage and the hand resting on her thigh brushed its thumb against her soft skin. It was good that she was able to joke about shit like that now, feeling secure with the knowledge that yeah, he messed up sometimes, but he really was trying his best and their relationship had never been better.

"No, just one. She's beautiful, smart and funny, and really fucking good in be--" He started, trailing his fingers slightly higher up her thigh before her hand came to rest on top of his, securing him in place before they both got kicked off the air. Well, that and there was some odd woman on the end on the pannel table who might just happen to get a glimpse of more than she was bargaining for.

"Behave yourself, captain." (y/n) smirked and concentrated on Danny again as Captain Man squirmed in his seat and clenched his jaw. This was going to be a long recording.

"All right, ladies. Try to control yourselves. Are you having a good time? I know you are. Now, let's take a minute to say hello to this week's celebrity judges." Danny moved on from the woman's mad shouting and gestured for the camera to switch to the judge's table.

"Starting with chair number one, everyone knows basketball's superstar, LeBron James!" The man smiled, making the crowd cheer with excitement at the prospect of being in the room with such a celebrity, but the truth was much more disappointing. The whole LeBron thing was just a ruse to get them excited. "So, let's all welcome LeBron's childhood friend, Vanessa Harris!"

Well, that was a massive bummer and the folks at home, including the live audience, were noticeably and audibly confused by the randomer, who was trying to convey her minuscule connection to basketball by poor spinning a ball on the tip of her finger.

"And next, the guys and girl filling judges chairs numbers two, three and four, are no strangers to anyone here in Swellview. Now, give it up for Captain Man, Miss Danger and Kid Danger!" That definitely got them excited and (y/n) had to refrain from fanning her blushing cheeks as she smiled brightly at their screaming fans. Ray was much less humble, standing up and soaking in their praises before a dainty hand on his arm brought him back down to earth and into his seat once more.