Episode 3: Scream Machine

~The Man Cave~

Life in the Man Cave had never been better. Ever since they'd confessed their feelings two weeks ago (with a little bit of help), Ray and (y/n) had been relishing their newfound love. So many years dancing around their feelings meant that now, they were more determined than ever to spend every waking moment together. It was bliss.

"Hey, we're here," Ray said to Henry as he led his girl to the main room, Schwoz close behind them. Wow, his girl, it was still so weird to think that she actually loved him, but he'd never complain. He just thought of himself as the luckiest man in the universe.

"What's up?" (y/n) asked the boy cheerfully, unable to be in any other mood. His hand felt so right in hers and everyone had noticed that she kept looking at her boyfriend like he hung the stars in the sky. Not that they minded, it was great to see them finally be open, even if the constant kissing was a bit gross.

"Charlotte wants to show us the new project she made for the Gizmo Show." The teen replied from his place at the supercomputer and they turned their attention to a large box shrouded by a white tarp. Charlotte was still adjusting it and making some final adjusts, so all they could see was a Charlotte-esque figure moving under the sheet.

"Gizmo Show?" Ray asked in confusion as he wrapped an arm around his girlfriend and pulled her into his chest. He couldn't help but be extremely touchy, she was just irresistible and after years of holding back, he wasn't god give up any opportunities now.

"What is Gizmo Show?" Schwoz questioned too. He was super into science and nerd stuff, but he'd never heard of it. Probably because it was for kids and teenagers.

"Oh, it's this huge competition they have every year, where kids bring all these cool machines and inventions they made--" (y/n) began to explain excitedly, making Ray look down at her fondly. She used to love the Gizmo Show as a kid and even in adulthood, she was a sucker for science and gadgets. Ray was a sucker for seeing her so cutely excited, so when Schwoz yawned in boredom, it offended him just as much as it offended her.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Schwoz, was I boring you?" The young woman asked him in a sweet but sarcastic voice and the genius shrank under the stern gaze of his boss.

"Yeah, a little bit," Schwoz mumbled back, feeling a little pouty at how Ray was even more protective of her now. Anyone who dared to put a foot wrong against his sweet girl was gonna get it.

"Don't yawn at my girlfriend, Schwoz. And you're just tired because you haven't slept in two days." Ray told him, making (y/n) smile at the ground bashfully when he called her that. How did she get herself a man as perfect as him?

"Ray, it's fine. I'm just a nerd, who loves the Gizmo Show because I won it like a million times when I was a kid." She smiled up at him to make his prickliness calm down and it worked. He couldn't stay mad with an angel in his arms, especially when she leaned up on her tiptoes to give him a sweet kiss, meaning they didn't hear Schwoz walking off with a yawn.

"Why hasn't Schwoz slept in two days?" Henry asked the couple, making them reluctantly break apart. Looks like they'd have to resume that kiss later.

"Because he was binge-watching that mini-series about OJ," Ray answered and (y/n) let her head drop back on his chest.

"Oh, yeah. The one about the big trial in the nineties." Henry nodded, thinking they were talking about the huge court case that had occurred years before.

"No." Schwoz shook his head and Henry pulled a confused face. Was there another series about OJ on TV right now?

"The one about Orange Juice?" (y/n) prompted, but it wasn't ringing any bells for the boy. To be fair, only Schowz would watch a programme about damn orange juice.