The Early Stages

"It starts with her." I nod in Rebecca's direction as I walk over to the file cabinet and grab three files.

"What do you mean?" Spencer asks, confusion evident in her tone."

"To create a vaccine is a really long process Spencer." I start, looking through the files.

"That didn't answer my question." I turn and see she's smiling.

"Sorry." I shake my head and smile back. "We need to study the virus so we can know how to vaccinate against it." I try to explain.

"And how exactly are you going to do that?" She questions with a raised brow.

"That's where she comes in." I point to Rebecca. "I'm gonna draw some of her blood and take some saliva to study."

"Ew." She makes a face then smiles.

"That's the process, Spencer." I smile at my girlfriend, moving closer to her. "I understand if you can't handle it though." I lean in close and whisper.

"Oh, I can handle it." She whispers back.

"What are we even talking about anymore?" I question her with a raised brow. My voice barely above a whisper.

"You tell me." She says, barely audible. Our lips a mere inches a part. I want to finish what to started earlier but right now I need to focus. I need to figure out how to save the world, how to fix this mess my family made.

I lean in a kiss her lips lightly, pulling away as quickly as I went it. She groans and looks at me. "Later I promise." She rolls her eyes and pulls away.

"I'm gonna let you get back to work, Ms. Davies, but we are sooooo finishing this later." She tells me and kisses my lips hard. When she pulls back I'm slightly out of breath. She smiles and walks out of the lab, swaying her hips in the process. I smirk at my retreating girlfriend.

"Is there something you want to tell me?" Rebecca looks up from the folder she was writing in and asks. I'd been staring at her for the past hour, pretending to be spinning in my swivel chair but I haven't been able to take my eyes off her since my mom introduced us.

"Nope." I shake my head.

"Then maybe you should try keeping your eyes to yourself." She says and I can see the smile playing at her lips.

"I wasn't looking at you, I was looking behind you." I try and fail. That was clearly a lie.

She chuckles before saying, "Right." And then goes back to writing in the folder.

"What are you writing?" I ask, sitting up in the chair. Swiveling it around to face her.

"Things." Is all she says.

"What kinda things?" I ask after a moment. She huffs, then drops the pen she was writing with a looks up at me.

"Are you going to bother me all day?" She asks with a less than thrilled look on her face.

"Maybe." I shrug. "I have nothing else to do. My mom is off doing God knows what, so if I'm gonna be stuck in here all day I might as well-"

"Be quiet." She cuts me off.

"But-"

"No." She says shaking her head, picking up her pen again. "You should definitely be quiet because I have a ton of work to do and I can't do it with you asking me a million questions." She says, not looking at me.