Our Past Haunts Us

"My turn." Angel says, taking a vile of blood from Eric. We collected about a pint or so of Spencer's blood so we really don't have any to waste. There's a lot of testing and retesting that needs to get done and there's no way in hell I'm putting Spencer through that again.

"We're not gonna have enough time to do this. Creating the antigen, isolating the cells, purifying it... with only six days left, there's no way." Eric speaks up.

"We'll figure it out." I tell him.

"Not without Dr. Johnson." He shakes his head.

"No." I mimic his actions. "I can't. He's not ready yet."

"Ashley he's right." Angel chimes in. "He worked here, maybe there's something he knows that we don't, maybe he can help us get this done faster."

I swallow the lemon in my throat. If I ask for Dr. Johnson's help, I'm going to have to tell him about Rebecca.

"We're trying to save the world here." Eric speaks up. "We have to put our personal feelings aside and do what's best for everyone." He adds. Suddenly, I don't like him very much. I mean he's right but...

"Fine." I sigh. "I'll get him." I add as I get up from the chair. I trudge my way down the hall to the room Dr. Johnson has been sleeping in. On a scale of one to ten... I don't think I can express how terrified I am right now. He's gonna blame me for this, I told him that they got her, that there was no way she'd turn into one of those things because I saw her, I saw her die. But I didn't. I didn't see anything really, I guess.

I knocked on the door once I reached it and received a faint come in. I twisted the knob slowly, taking as much time as I deemed necessary to gather myself.

"Oh hello, Ashley." Dr. Johnson greets me with a smile as he glances over the book he was reading.

"Hey." I smile a contrived smile. My heart is beating a mile a minute and I know I'm sweating. I can't do this, I can't do this. "I just came to see how you were doing." I say quickly and turn to leave.

"Something troubling you, my dear?" He asks before I can get out the door.

"Um..." I turn back to him and say. "I just...I need." I clear my throat and shake my head. "Nothing." I settle on and quickly leave the room before he can respond. I practically run down the hall. I can't be near him right now, or Angel and Eric. They all want something I can't give them right now.

"Whoa, where you going Speedy Gonzalez." Spencer steps in front of me, bringing me to a halt.

"I can't." I shake my head. "I just can't." I say again, feeling the tears building in my eyes.

"What is it Ashley?" She asks concerned. I probably seem like a real freak right now, a couple of hours ago we were having sex and now I'm crying. This isn't exactly my best moment.

"I...I..." I want to tell her, I don't want to keep things from her, but nothings coming out.

"Come on." She ushers me inside a room and sits me in a chair, taking the seat next to me. "Tell me what's wrong." She says sternly, wiping the tear that escaped my eye.

I shake my head. Where do I even begin? "I have to tell Dr. Johnson about Rebecca." I tell her, she nods in understanding.

"I can't though, it's more complicated than...he's gonna hate me when he finds out what I did." I say, squeezing my eyes shut tightly.

"What do you mean?" Spencer questions.

"Yeah, what do you mean?" I hear a different voice ask, one that I recognize. I open my eyes to see the two people we picked up from the hospital sitting in the corner. The boy looking down and the girl smiling.