Truths Revealed

"You can do this Ashley, you can do this!" I chant over and over to myself as my hand lingers on the doorknob to Dr. Johnson's room. I take a deep breath before twisting the nob and going in.

"Oh hello Ashley, you're back." He looks up from his book and smiles. "Is everything okay? You left out of here in such a rush earlier." He says as he places his book on the table next to him.

I calm my nerves, taking another deep breath as I walk over and take a seat in front of him. "I need to tell you something Dr. Johnson."

He narrows his eyes and nods. "Well go ahead dear."

"It's about Rebecca." I add after a moment.

I can see sadness spread in his eyes. "What about her?" He asks.

I gulp a lemon before sighing, "She's here." I finally say.

He gives me a confused look, looking around for a moment before turning back to me. "I'm not sure I understand." He says.

"Not here in this room." I clarify. "But, she is down the hall."

"What?" He asks, shooting up from his seat, I guess as fast as an old man can. "What do you mean? You told me she was dead Ashley, that when the building was taken over, those things got her. You told me they killed her and I believed you." He half shouts at me; his old fragile body shaking with every word.

"I...she was." I nod. "She is." I correct myself.

"I don't understand." He says again.

"Dr. Johnson, that day that I saw you in the stairwell and told you Rebecca was dead, that the zombies had taken her, I wasn't lying to you." I try to explain to her.

"Then if she's dead, how can she be down the hall?" He questions, starting for the door.

"Dr. Johnson, you need to wait." I walk after him, reaching him before he could leave the room.

"I need to see her, I need to talk to her." He tells me trying to move me out of the way, but with no luck.

"Dr. Johnson you need to listen!" I place my hands on both his shoulders. "I need to tell you what you're about to see." I tell him, but he's not listening to me. He breaks free and gets out of the room. As he's walking down the hall he begins to call out Rebecca's name, asking where she is; causing everyone to come out of their rooms and into the hallway.

"Ashley, what's going on?" Tim asks, glancing down the hall at Dr. Johnson then back to at me.

"I was trying to tell him about Rebecca." I explain.

"Why is he calling her name? Doesn't he know?" Spencer comes up next to me and asks.

"I guess he doesn't understand, or doesn't want to." I shrug. "He's gonna find her and I don't think he's going to be able to handle it." I turn to her and say.

"You need to stop him then." She tells me. I sigh again before taking off down the hall after Dr. Johnson.

"What the hell's going on around here, is this the looney bin?" The dark-haired girl yells through the glass of the room they're in. I seriously don't have time for her smart ass remarks right now. I watch as Dr. Johnson get's closer and closer to the lab where we're holding Rebecca. "Seriously though! Can we leave?" She shouts. Okay, enough! I practically kick open the door to the room and get right in her face.

"If you don't shut your fucking mouth, I swear I'll shut it for you." I say, my face a mere inches from hers.

"Is that a promise?" She asks with a smirk and raised brow. I grit my teeth and step back. I'm two seconds away from beating the shit out of this girl.