The Calm Before The Storm

"You're awake." Kyla smiles at me as my eyes flutter open.

"Yeah." I reply groggy. "How long was I asleep?" I ask as I sit up, my head is still hurting a bit.

"You and Tim have both been asleep since yesterday." She answers, nodding over to the table where Tim is. "It's morning now." She smiles and stands up.

"Why are you smiling? And where's Spencer?" I ask. Her smile grows wider as she helps me up from the chair.

"She's knows who Becca is, doesn't she?" Kyla asks, barely able to contain herself.

"Yeah." I nod. "But how do you know that?" I question her with narrowed eyes. And why does she seem so excited about it.

"She's angry with you." Kyla says quickly with a nod.

"How do you know?" I ask.

"She kept coming in and out of here last night, mumbling things. She was waiting for you to wake up, I think. She was pacing the hallway out there, probably trying to figure out the best way to yell at you." Kyla smiles as she finishes.

"Why do you seem so happy about this?" I ask my little sister who shrugs.

"I told you to tell her. But you didn't and now Spencer is gonna curse your ass out." She chuckles and starts walking out of the room. "Should I tell her you're awake?" She turns back to me and asks with a smile.

"You're a jerk, you know that right?" I ask her and she nods.

"That's a yes then?" She asks but doesn't wait for my answer.

"You lied to Spencer?" A weak but deep voice says, startling me. I look over and see Tim is awake and staring at me; waiting for my answer. Great, yet another person to tell me how stupid I am.

"Yeah, kinda." I nod.

"Why would you do that to her? She was trying help her." Tim says. I make my way over to him slowly.

"I don't know." I shrug.

"That's not a very good answer." He says and smiles a bit.

"I didn't want to hurt her feelings." I try.

"And you didn't think finding out days later would do that to her?" He asks, staring straight into my eyes.

"I know, it was stupid. I should have just told her." I shake my head and sit in the chair next to the table he's laying on.

"I've known Spencer long enough to know that she doesn't like to show weakness. She doesn't like for others to know when she's hurting, but I'm sure something like this has gotten to her. She may not say anything, but on the inside she's hurting Ashley. You need to fix this." He tells me sitting up a bit. I could sense his fatherly undertone. He care's for Spencer like she's his own daughter. Much like Carmen and I'm sure Jayden and Jo as well.

"I'm gonna fix this." I nod and tell Tim.

"Good." He smiles slightly as the door opens behind us.

"Good, you're both awake." Carmen says as her and Jo walk into the room.

"How are you feeling honey?" Jo asks as she kisses Tim on the cheek.

"Like a was stabbed in the spleen." Tim says lightly and chuckles. I've always liked that about Tim, nothing ever really gets to him.

"We found this on the third floor when we were killing all the power." Carmen says, pushing in a wheel chair. "It'll help you get around for a couple of days while you gain your strength back." She says as she and Jo help Tim into the chair.