Chapter 30

Sarah

I was enveloped in a blissful sleep-until Jason came.

He jumped crazily onto the bed, waking me from a deep slumber.

"Wake up!," he shouted in my ear, smacking me on the head.

I felt my head go hot with irritation.

"Was that necessary?," I ask, throwing a pillow at him.

He contemplates this for a second.

"Probably not, but we have to go!," he exclaims, his voice drowning in worry.

My grogginess quickly ebbs away.

"New Order?," I ask tentatively, throwing off the covers around me.

"No. I had a dream. Alex and the others are in West Virginia," he says, opening the door wide.

This confuses me, but I quickly throw on my shoes, grab my backpack filled with necessities, and rush past him into the long hallway.

"WAKE UP!," Jason yells, and flips the hallway light off and on. I bang my fist against the wall, the sound thundering throughout the house. Lissette's door swings open almost immediately, ready to attack.

"What the hell," Iris says as she comes out of the room a little farther down, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

"The others are in West Virginia. Something about a state park," Jason says.

"You know you can stop with the lights now, right?," I tell him.

"Oh, right. Sorry."

"West Virginia...how do you know this?," Lissette asks, one eyebrow raised.

"A dream," Jason says, his eyebrows creasing together like he's confused himself.

I give him a questionable look.

"The others raided a New Order prison. They saved a little girl who can enter people's dreams. She came to me and told me where to go," he says with a sense of finality.

"Then let's go," I say, motioning for the other two to get ready.

Lissette

I was a little worried with teleporting such a long distance again, but if our friends were out there, we needed to help in any way we could. I looked over at Iris. Her shoulders were slumped, and she looked down at her shoes.

"You got this. I believe in you," I said under my breath, nudging her with my shoulder.

She raises her head, and gives me a sheepish smile.

"I know," she says, nodding.

I run into my expansive room and change into something I can actually fight in. I'm pretty sure if I show up in the fuzzy neon blue pajamas I found in the house, the New Order wouldn't be too intimidated. I also reach under my bed, pulling out my small drawstring pack. When I rush out, everybody is waiting. I nod at Iris and she nods back gratefully.

"Ready?," Sarah asks, exhaling.

"Yup," I say. These guys are new to the whole danger thing. I'm used to it.

I hold out my hand, and soon we all form a circle.

"To West Virginia we go," Iris says with a toothy smile, and my feet leave the ground, my breath catching in my throat. When I open my eyes and release my breath, we're surrounded by tall evergreen trees, their leaves swaying in the dark. In front of us, is a huge face of a cliff, a section of it open, like an artificial door.