(Chapter 1)

Chapter One.

"No! My sandcastle is way better than yours!"

"Now now, let's not tell lies Eliza. My sandcastle is obviously the best."

"NO IT ISN'T MILO! and you know I hate that name!" I shouted back at my best friend.

"Yes. It. Is. Yours doesn't even look like a sandcastle! More like a big lump of sand, ELIZA" he replied back with a smirk.

"What did you just say?" I asked with a sneer.

"Gosh are you deaf? I said your sandcastle looks like a BIG LUMP OF SA-"

Before he could finish, I grabbed the bucket full of water next to me and poured it all over his sandcastle.

"Sorry, were you saying something my friend?" I asked innocently

The look on his face was priceless, he stayed in shock for another 10 minutes and when he finally realised what just happened, He stood up with fury in his eyes and started walking slowly towards me.

"You are going to regret that Eliza Monroe." He said with an evil grin.

"Well, you'll have to try and catch me first mini Milo!" and with that I started running, laughing my head off away from my best friend.

-------------------------------

"Eliza! Honey you're going to be late for school! Get your lazy bum out off bed!" my mum shouted from downstairs.

"Ok, ok Mom! My LOVELY bum is out off bed!" I shouted back.                                                            

I stood up and walked to the bathroom groggily. I looked in the mirror and found myself smiling at the dream I've just had about mine and my best friend's childhood memories. I started giggling to myself as I pictured me and Milo when we were only about 7 years old. My giggles turned into wild laughter and soon enough my mum appeared at the door staring at me with wide eyes.

"Eliza? Are you alright...... You seem to have gone mad.."

I laughed at my mum's reaction "Yes I'm fine mum, I just remembered a funny memory and I told you never to call me that! I don't like that name! PLEASE CALL ME ELI!"

"Well ELI, I'm glad you're so amused but If you don't hurry up you'll be late for school! It's already 8 o'clock!"

"Crap! I'm gonna be late! Thanks Mum!" I ran back to the bathroom and closed the door. Oh no, there's no time for a shower, so I just decided to wash my face and brush my teeth. I went back to the mirror and started brushing my long curly brown hair. I then put on a bit of mascara and went to my closet. I grabbed the first pair of jeans I could find. Hmm, what top to wear... It was my first day back at school as a senior and I wanted to look presentable at least. I grabbed a black vest top and my favourite purple hoody, this will do I thought. I took my phone and Ipod off the table and ran downstairs.

I found my mom and dad sitting on the table eating breakfast and noticed my dad wearing a suit. Oh no, I groaned to myself. My dad's working again. I don't really like my dad's job. I think It's too dangerous. You see, my dad is the leader of a secret spies society. In other words, the SSS, and as the leader, many people are after him, usually for revenge. That's why I'm scared that some day. something bad might happen to him.

"Good morning Eliza." My dad greeted me as I took a seat next to him.

"Oh hey dad, How's it goi-"

"What time will you be home tonight? I've got something important to tell you and someone I want you to meet." he interrupted.

Hmm, he never usually asks to talk to me so this must be quite important. "I'll be home straight after school, don't worry Dad. Anyway, I'm gonna be late! Bye Dad! Bye Mom!"

I checked the time and freaked out when It said that It was already 8:30. I now only have 5 minutes to get to school. Crap crap crap, I'm gonna be so late! and on my first day aswell. I let out a big sigh and closed the door behind me. I started running as fast as I could and realised there's no point running because I was going to be late anyway and I was only missing the assembly. I shrugged and plugged in my earphones and listened to my ipod whilst walking to hell.

After 15 minutes, I finally reached the school gates and checked the time, 8:45. I might be able to get to my first lesson in time, So I ran once again ignoring the weird looks I was getting from the other kids. I ran and ran until-

"WOAH WOAH WOAH! WHAT THE FUDGE! watch where you're going crazy woman!" Shouted the dude who knocked me on the floor.

Without looking up, I kicked him on the shin "I'm the crazy woman?! you were the one who knocked me on the floor Idiot! The least you could do is help me up!" I shouted back extremely annoyed.

He held out his hand and I grabbed it pulling myself up "Thanks very much!" I said sarcasticly. "Boys these days have no respect for women WHAT SO EV-"

I looked up and was stunned with what I saw. I couldn't even get any words out of my mouth.

 Right in front of me, was the most beautiful creature I have ever seen in my life. It had gorgeous deep blue eyes which I was completely lost in and a smile which could hypnotise any girl.

"Hello? HELLO? Earth to whoever you are! Were you even listening to me?" The beautiful creature said.

"I.. uh.. huh..-" I stuttered still stunned.

He sighed. "I said, I do have respect for women! just not crazy ones like you!"

That brought me back to reality. "I AM NOT CRAZY! Ugh, you're such a jerk! I can't believe you knocked me over and still have the cheek to call ME crazy!"

"Whatever crazy woman. I'm done talking to crazy people, Bye" he said walking away with a smirk.

"for the last time, I AM NOT CRA-"

"Miss. Monroe! Please do not shout in school grounds and You better have a very good excuse for being out of class." My head teacher- Miss.Higglebottom told me sternly.

I gulped "I.. umm.. I was on my way to the toilet" I replied back hesitantly

"That's not a good enough excuse! Detention with me after school tonight!"

No no no! Not tonight! I told my dad I would be straight home after school!

"Miss.Higglebottom, I'm so sorry but I really can't do it tonight! I promised my dad I'd-"

"No buts Miss. Monroe, my office after school." She said walking away

I can not believe this! first day back and I'm already in trouble! This is all that pretty boy's fault! He might be the most gorgeous guy I've ever seen but he is by far the biggest jerk I've ever met! At that moment, the bell went and everyone started walking towards their next class. I joined the crowd and slowly walked to Maths. Yay.