Chapter 9

I was walking along the halls of the motel with Hank, wondering about the real occupants. Did the two females kill the men? Most likely. But where did they go?

I stopped when I saw a figure standing outside the motel, just behind the police tape, watching.

I used my heightened eyesight, which I got when I was turned into a zombie.

She looked just like how Reynolds described the other girl. My eyes widened when I realized that she's actually the one.

I nudged Hank's arm and he looked at me inquiringly.

"What?"

"Look out the window."

"Five shades of Julie Andrews! She's the girl."

"Come on, let's go."

We started jogging to the lobby. We went down the stairs, not caring about the creaking that we were causing.

We went outside and saw her walking away. We rounded the corner and I placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Excuse me Maam, may we talk to you?"

She responded by delivering a right jab to my gut and started running like Hell.

"Shit! Hank, let's go."

We ran after her with renewed vigor. She was running through the crowd, pushing aside complaining bypassers.

We passed by the people saying either "Sorry" or "Excuse me" as we tried to catch the surprisingly, fast female suspect.

We followed her from the  busy urban to the quiet suburbs.

She then changed direction altogether and was going for the woods.

I had a bad feeling about this.