Chapter 6

Dedicated to Whovian_Grimmster and true_country_girl

~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I went inside, I almost choked on the bile that was rising in my throat. I had to remind myself that I should act professional. I took a look at Hank, and he looked no better than me. I mentally told myself again that we have to do our job, not vomit on the crime scene.

I willed myself to look at the crime scene and I instantly regretted it. The room didn't look any better than downstairs in the lobby. But it wasn't the room that bothered me, it was the man on the floor very dead with two legs of a chair in both of his eyes.

What fortunately - note the sarcasm - caught my undivided attention was that his skull was split open with brain matter spilled out and both of his arms were cut off clean with blood still oozing out. His face was frozen in a look of fear that made me want to thank the Lord I wasn't in his position.

Hank then interrupted my thoughts, " Hey Nick, look what I found here."

What else is there in this apartment?

I went and turned round the corner to see Hank looking at the bedroom from the door, well a doorway I mean because the door was knocked down.

I then walked to the where Hank was standing and he didn't move an inch. I waved a hand in front of his face and he woke up from his trance. When I look at his face, he had a look that told me that something was bad.

I walked through the doorway and the first thing I see was a dilapitated couch on my right and on my front was a bed with a dead body in it that looked like something from Hannibal.

I choked on my words,"Uhhhh. He looks like he had been skewered."

"I don't think so Nick, the right word is butchered.", Hank provided.

"It looks like he was sliced across the stomach and his throat was slit."

Hank walked to the bed, "Look at his wrists, they've been twisted like he was holding something then it twisted his wrist and probably fractured it."

I followed Hank's action and sure enough, his hands were twisted beyond recognition.

I look up slowly and then I saw that his intestines and his other vital organs spilled out of his stomach.

The very sight made me sick. I look at his face that was fixed into a face of realization. Like he just knew that he was dying.

Who killed him? I was about to inspect him further till I heard footsteps coming from the doorway.

I saw Captain Renard with a short, chubby man who I suspect was in his early 50s and I noticed that he was about to vomit when he saw the corpse .

Captain Renard then introduced him to us, "Detectives, this is the owner of the hotel, Alistair Reynolds. Mr. Reynolds, these are Detectives that are investigating the crime scene."

Alistair was nervous and skittish, he then said "Uhmmm Detectives, I have something to say."

"I hope you can tell us about the men who lived here." I asked.

"That's the problem, Detectives. These men don't live here."

What?!??!?!?!

A/N: Like the drawing? It's mine.