27 | roasted ham meets rotisserie chicken

║roasted ham meets rotisserie chicken━━━ (CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN)

━━━ (CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN)

SEVEN MAGIC KNIGHT CAPTAINS SAT in utter silence in the meeting room, the atmosphere seemingly no different than other meetings at first glance but look again and it was far from being the same. Fuegoleon Vermillion, captain of the Crimson Lion Kings, was in a coma who bore no signs of waking up any time soon. William Vangeance, captain of the Golden Dawn, was unusually nowhere to be seen. Perhaps he was running late.

"Unbelievable! You had four captains there and you still let the enemies get away." Gueldre Poizot, captain of the Purple Orcas, snickered with a grin so wide it nearly reached his ears.

"Haw haw! They weren't like the rank-and-file Diamond and Spade invaders you were dealing with." Jack the Ripper, captain of the Green Praying Mantises, retorted.

"C'mon, calm dawn, original scrawny line-faced dude! It's true anyway." Yami, captain of the Black Bulls, shrugged it off, busying himself by cleaning up his new katana.

Then as usual, the two captains started bickering. It was a harmless, no-nonsense banter but loud nonetheless. It was what settled the current meeting into one of normality for now. And as usual, it vexed a certain man.

"Silence, foreigner and former peasant. You're annoying." Nozel Silva, captain of the Silver Eagles, snapped in a calm manner, retaining his neutral expression so it was hard to tell when his breaking point would be.

"Ridiculous. This isn't going anywhere thanks to these noisy men." Charlotte Roselei, captain of the Blue Rose, criticised. Mentally, her demeanour was a whole different story. 'Why am I next to Yami?! Calm down, Charlotte. Stay calm...'

"They haven't settled on a temporary captain for the Crimson Lion Kings yet?" Rill Boismortier, captain of the Aqua Deer, questioned innocuously. "If Fuegoleon were here, he'd pull things together really well, but..."

The mood significantly dampened as soon as those words left Rill's lips. The young man's breath hitched in his throat upon realising the mistake he's committed. Quickly, he attempted to think of ways to alleviate the suffocating atmosphere and came up with something entertaining.

"Look at me! I'm Captain Fuegoleon!" He deepened his voice and mimicked the comatose man.

"Shut up, brat."

"If you do not understand the situation at hand at all, keep quiet."

Jack and Nozel snapped at him. Rill yelped upon being at the receiving end of their terrifying glares, shifting his chair away. Only Yami found his attempt to lighten the mood funny and proceeded to ruffle his cloud hair.