17 | neptune shall devour mars, watch!

║neptune shall devour mars, watch!━━━ (CHAPTER SEVENTEEN)

━━━ (CHAPTER SEVENTEEN)

WHERE SHE WALKED, DEATH FOLLOWED HER LIKE A MAN FOOLISHLY SMITTEN WITH HIS LADY LOVE; was what a typical poet would jot down on vanillin-scented vellum had they been cursed to watch the invisible figure of all things ending trailing after Anemone Coralis. Teetering behind her as if waiting for another opportunity to rise because they missed their chance when she was a newborn. For the first time, death had been hesitant. They still are — but they couldn't be no more.

If only the others knew about what god created. Her feet brought chaos, the sturdiest structures vanishing behind her back, weakened by her mana. Her hands brought destruction, weighing down tragedy upon every single thing she touched (including herself). That smile, that angelic smile as if she knew she was God's favourite—true or false?—held nothing but mischief and trickery. Because she was the beginning of all things ending, the girl who ate god.

Death shivered. Humans. Damn humans scared them more than god's divination.

And it was exactly why she was so utterly, inexplicably unsettling — because in spite of wielding otherworldly abilities, she was nothing more than a human girl.

To think someone like her had such an effect on death, it was humbling, to say the least.

As soon as Anemone and Mirela arrived, they spotted the Golden Dawn knights struggling to stand their ground against a single Diamond mage

As soon as Anemone and Mirela arrived, they spotted the Golden Dawn knights struggling to stand their ground against a single Diamond mage. Based solely on his power, he seemed to be part of the Eight Shining Generals sent here to conquer the dungeon. They hoped he was the only general sent here, otherwise they were doomed if another one was present. This man's mana was overpowering the area they were in and he seemed to have wounded the Golden Dawn knights badly, especially Mimosa, who was busy healing herself with one of her spells.

Without wasting any more time, Anemone summoned a wave, toppling down the horde of mineral-made replicas of the enemy. Then immediately after, Mirela dropped to the ground and planted her palms on the concrete, releasing spikes of gemstones towards the army, each spike being raised by Anemone's conjured wave in the process and knocking down the first group of soldiers. Briefly, the two exchanged friendly nods. Perhaps they could get used to working as a pair.