Chapter 19

I know there is that whole superstition thing that says you're not supposed to see each other the day of the wedding until you're at the altar, but neither of us is superstitious. Not to mention, even if Karma is a bitch, she wouldn't put any more crap on Sam's plate, would she? Sooner or later, don't we have to catch a break?

In any case, we didn't really have a chance to spend a night apart. There was zero chance of me letting Sam out of my sight after seeing Vince and George at the pizzeria, and we were going to be riding together to the ceremony anyway. Steve and mom would be in his car, and then they could go to Steve's place afterwards, and Sam and I could go back home and ummm...

Have leftover pizza?

We scheduled the ceremony for 11AM, and my mom texted me at 10 to make sure I was ready. I know it was an early wedding, but we wanted to have it as soon as possible to have the rest of the day to ourselves. Mom needn't have worried about me not waking up on time. While we did have trouble getting to sleep, we both took a little melatonin and then fell asleep telling a silly made up bedtime story as we each took turns telling one part at a time so we never knew where the story would end up. I'm not sure how the dancing penguins got in there, I blame Sam, but them getting tangled up in fuzzy socks was the last thing I remembered before finally dozing off.

But this was better than Christmas as a kid, and we both woke up without an alarm before 7AM. I can neither confirm nor deny an hour of giggles and smooches before we decided that we should get ready so we weren't rushing on our way to the ceremony. Once again, Sam let me shower first, for which I was very grateful, because after seeing her naked the day before I knew I had a bit of shaving to do! No way was she going to be the only one being sexy like that!

Once I was freshly cleaned and hairless, I was ready to start my day. I turned the bathroom over to Sam, accidentally dropping my towel for her to get a quick glimpse of my butt and new shave job before she went in. I heard a quick gasp and knew I'd scored a little pre-wedding point.

I took my time laying out my outfit, picking a sheer white lace bra and panty set to go under the dress as well as some strappy nude heels. I really wanted to go for the stockings and garters too, but I figured I'd save that for another date night, as after the wedding things might just go flying when we got home, and additional layers would be a hindrance.

As tightly wound as Sam and I were, I wasn't sure we'd even make it home.

The best thing was, I wasn't even scared. I mean, yeah, there were a few little nerves, but being married to Sam was exactly what I wanted, and I was so much more excited than nervous that I couldn't stop smiling and giggling to myself.

As for being intimate with Sam afterwards, she'd really settled my nerves last night. We didn't need to put ourselves under pressure to be perfect the first time out, we could just enjoy each other and have fun. As long as neither Dave nor her father made an appearance today, I didn't see any way to spoil it. Besides, having two police officers as our witnesses meant that them showing up wouldn't be a problem anyway, even if it was a buzz kill.

I took a little time to do my makeup, nothing special just my normal routine, and then gave my hair a light curl. I'm sure I could have hired someone to spend hours on my hair and makeup, but I knew Sam thought I was already pretty, and I always thought she looked like the most wonderful woman to walk the earth, so I was feeling good about it.

I was ready. So, when my mom's text came through, I just went to find her.

I left the room to give Sam room to change though the shower was still running so I knew she'd be a bit. My mom and Steve were sitting at the kitchen island, already dressed and ready to go. "Are you ready honey?" she asked me.