2: Encounter

[Edited]

Dipper POV

I woke up because Mabel was shaking me.

"DIPPER!" She screamed. "C'MON, WAKE UP! LET'S GO FIND THAT VAMPIRE! SO I CAN FINALLY PROVE THAT THEY DO SPARKLE!"

"Ugh... Mabel!" I groaned. I looked at the clock. It was 4:00 AM.

"Mabel, when I said tomorrow I didn't mean-" I tried to say, but she cut me off.

"LET'S GOOO ALREADY! PLEEAAASE?" She begged with puppy eyes.

"FINE!" I said. She knew I can't say a no when she does that. I got up, then grabbed a pillow and threw it at her.

"HEY!" She said, "You want a pillow fight? I'll give you one!"

She giggled and threw the pillow back at me. Soon, feathers were flying around everywhere.

(Y/N) POV

I woke up really early, and got up to walk around the forest. It always made me feel better. I put on my (f/c) hoodie and got out of the cave.

The forest was calm and peaceful. It made me feel like there's no such thing that's bad. I could hear the birds chirping, singing a brand new song, like they do everyday.

But no, almost everything in this world is terrifying.

I thought of everything those cruel humans did. Then suddenly, I was back at the scene.

My family was burnt outside, while our house was also being burnt. I could see pitchforks and torches everywhere, held by those humans.

It was all getting back to me.

I was sitting on a branch of a tree, watching. Scared. Helpless. Still. I didn't know what to do!

I shut my eyes and covered my ears with my hands.

"NO!" I cried, falling to my knees as I remembered everything in that moment, every single detail, like how my parent's faces looked like, filled with pain as the flames burnt them alive, "NO, NO! WHY?!? NOOO!"

I feel hot tears slide down my cheeks, and a heavy, painful feeling in my chest.

"Don't-" I sobbed, "Don't leave me.."

Then I heard footsteps coming closer, running to me, until I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey," A voice said, it belonged to a boy, "Are you okay? Were you hurt? Is there anything we can do to help?"

I looked up, and through my blurred vision I saw a human. He was about my age, and there was a girl behind him, who looked like him.

"NO!" I screamed, the flashback still playing in my head, "DON'T HURT ME! I BEG YOU!"

Images of the people with torches and pitchforks, chanting something as they burnt my family flashed in my head, and I backed away, scared for my life.

Step.

Step.

"Hey, we're not gonna hurt you, okay? Calm down," The boy said.

"Yeah, look, we're here to help you." The girl said, both hands raised up.

Then I snapped out of it. The images cleared out, and I shook my head.

Did I just do that? Did I just cry in front of them? Holy cow, I did.

My eyes widened, remembering what just happened. I stepped back.

Step.

Then, I turned around,

"Hey! Wait a minute-"

And as quickly as I can, I ran. Stepping on twigs and almost tripping a few times, passing by tree after tree, I ran back to the direction of the cave. I heard them running after me, calling me.

Step. Step.

"We don't wanna hurt you!"

Step. Step.

"Hello?"

At some point, I stopped hearing their footsteps and I think I lost them.

When I arrived to my new home, I sat on my bed. There was no chair around to sit on.

"Great," I groaned to myself, "Nice one, (Y/N), you were afraid of your own meal. You could've attacked them right away! Now some humans know about you living in the forest! You even cried in front of them and got their attention more! What if they find out you're a vampire? They'll burn you, torture you!"

I felt so disappointed with myself, so frustrated, and without thinking, I punched the wall, with all my rage and strength, and as my fist collided with the hard stone of the cave, pain enveloped my bones. Blood escaped from under my skin, staining the stone, and flowing down my hand. I withdrew my arm, and brought my fist in front of my face.

I stared at my hand covered in blood. It only lasted for a few seconds, and then it healed. Now it looked perfectly fine, and the pain was all gone.

Maybe it's better if I just go outside later... I thought, feeling more calm now. I lazily went towards my bed, fell on it with a plop, and slowly drifted back to sleep.

a/n
4:00 AM is the time I sleep. No kidding.

Now, you're probably wondering, "why won't she just drink animal blood?"

That will be answered in the next chapter.