25

Y/N woke up from the sunlight shining into her face. She had no idea what time it was and she didn't really care that much. She didn't have to go to work for hours and neither did Shouta. She knew his schedule by heart by now. It had been long enough anyway, she was a little disappointed in herself for not memorizing it sooner. It really wasn't that hard to keep in mind, she had just been kind of lazy about it. But it didn't really matter, because Shouta was very patient about that.

She opened her eyes with a few quick blinks and looked around the room. It would take her a while to get used to this new place. She hadn't been living here for long and it was so much bigger than her old place. Plus, it allowed pets, so there was another thing that was regularly waking her - a small black kitten that lived with her and Shouta. It was also a little surreal that she was living with Shouta again - the actual Shouta Aizawa and not the cat version.

They had realized fairly quickly after their first few dates that they would be much happier living together again, so they had gone out and looked for an apartment and had moved in together just last week. Y/N loved it. It was just like the old days, when Shouta was a cat. Only that they could actually talk now. Which meant that he was still driving her insane half the time, but it was also much more fun to be able to talk to each other and actually know what was going on.

Y/N found that the human Shouta wasn't that different to cat Shouta at all. Both were a little grumpy, they both had a serious problem with attitude and they both slept half the day away. Sure, human shouta couldn't purr or hiss or meow at her, but he still really enjoyed cuddles and snuggles and being as warm as possible. And there was one more thing that he really enjoyed...

Y/N grinned mischievously and reached out towards his head. She buried her fingers in his thick, black hair and gently scratched his scalp. Shouta was still very much asleep, but he made some happy noises in his sleep and moved against her fingers. Human Shouta still very much enjoyed scratches.

Sometimes Y/N could even get him to purr for her, if she waited for the right moment. She wasn't sure if he had always done that or if that was just a remnant of the effects of that Quirk, but Y/N loved it. Shouta didn't like it so much, mostly because he was embarrassed about it. It didn't really stop Y/N from trying when it was just the two of them, though. Much to Shouta's dismay.

"Stop doing that..." she heard him mumbling. She chuckled and pressed a small kiss to his forehead.

"Really? You seem to be enjoying it so much, though..." she replied. Shouta stretched and opened his eyes slowly, giving her a sleepy look.

"Mmmh... still." he mumbled and pulled her into a close hug. That was it. She wasn't going to get out of that until Shouta would wake up and decide to let her go. Not that Y/N disliked the cuddles he gave (and he gave her a lot of cuddles), but sometimes she liked to have a bit of freedom of movement. It wasn't like she had a choice right now, however. The problem was that her work started earlier than Shouta's.

"Shou, stop..." she protested half-heartedly. She really did want to stay in bed all day, but that wasn't going to pay the bills. Unfortunately. If it did, Y/N would have never ever left her bed again.

"Why?" Shouta mumbled.

"Because I need to get to work..."

Shouta opened one eye and looked at her, seemingly thinking about it until he sighed and finally let go of her. He didn't seem too happy about it.

"Fine. If you have to go." he said and turned around to get more sleep. Y/N chuckled to herself and leaned over to kiss his cheek.

"I do have to. Anyway, I love you. I'll see you in the evening, alright?" she asked. Shouta just nodded.

"Love you, too." he replied.