My Angie pt. 1

5 years ago

Sora's was keeping up with Angie's shift schedule just so he can see her. It's almost 5pm, she should be off soon.

Angie doesn't know much of Sora but, he knows her very well, only because he held strong feelings for her ever since he saw her for the first time.

He decided to surprise her with a bouquet he's been saving up and confess what he's been feeling for the past couple of months.

She was already in a relationship, but he didn't care. He never cared. He still believe he could have a chance with Angie.

He built up his confidence and enters the diner.

The first thing he spotted was Angie doing her usual work, but she was surrounded by a familiar group which happens to be her boyfriend and his friends.

Sora's promised himself to do this. He's waited all his life to do this so turning back wasn't an option.

Sora's walks up to them in mid-conversation. "Excuse me." The group stopped talking and turned to look at him.

Angie recognized him right away. "Hey, you!"

The group looks at her. "Do you know him?"

"Oh yeah, that's Sky. He's been in here a few times. Sora smiles from the fact that she even remembers him.

"How may I help you, tonight?" she asked.

Sora's held up a bouquet of roses, unexpectedly surprising her. "Here."

She hesitated for a good moment. "Wait...for me? You sure you're not confusing me with someone else?"

"Angie, I want us to try something together. Can we have a chance?"

"Oh, Sky. I..." The rest of the group burst out in laughter at his shot. "Guys, shut up!"

"Ignore them." Sora kept his attention towards Angie, but her boyfriend wasn't having it.

Jackson snatched the roses from him before Angie could even reach for them. "What you think you doing giving my girl flowers?"

Sora didn't answer. He looks at him silently with a calm look on his face.

Angie tried to calm him down, not wanting things to escalate. "Jack, chill out. It's just flowers, okay?"

Little did she know, her statement made Sora feel some type of way. He looked to the side and mumbled. "It's not just flowers..."

"Oh? It's not just flowers, he says. So you really think you have a chance with my girl, huh?" He got in his face.

She gets nervous. "Leave him alone, Jack. Listen, Sky. I think you should go."

Sora refused to leave without receiving her answer, so he stayed where he was.

Jackson extended the conflict by roughhousing with his gift."Aww, these are cute. You think you're so romantic?"

Even though the irritation is flowing inside him, Sora refrains from making a scene in front of Angie.

"Let's see if you actually have a chance." He starts ripping each petal off the rose one by one. "She loves you, she loves you not..."

"Babe, don't!"

"We're just playing, bae. Don't worry." He continues to ruin the bouquet, then throws it to the ground and look back at him. "Now what?"

His hostility didn't break Sora's determination. Regardless of the ruined petals, he picks them up and tries one more time with Angie.

He takes a second to build his sentence up. "Angie...will you—"

Jackson's fist abruptly punched Sora's face. He falls to the floor.

"JACKSON!"

"Motherfuckēr..." he shook his hand off to relieve the pain in his knuckles from hitting his jaw.

Sora sits up to wipe the blood off his mouth. The punch was strong enough to leave his cheek busted open.

"You wanna fight? Round up with me, bitçh." Sora finally stood up and met faces with Jackson again. He was so close to losing it, he started to clenched his fist.

Before things can escalate further, Kobe, Sora's friend, enters the diner and gets between Jackson and Sora.

"Bro, Sky, we gotta go. Come on." Sora kept his eyes on Jackson as Kobe drag them out the diner.

He laughs at him. "Think twice about fúcking with me, I'm not the one. She doesn't want you anyway."

Sora still kept his unbothered look. But deep down, he wanted to kîll him.

Later...

Kobe speeds home while Sora was in the passenger seat holding a napkin against his bleeding cheek.

"You're fúcking insane, Sky."

Sora looks down shaking his head. "I love her."

"Yeah, you love her. As if you haven't made it fuckīng obvious enough..." he sighs. "You need to chill out. She has a boyfriend already."

"I'm gonna have Angie," he remarked. "If he beats me up, I'll ask her again. I don't care."

Kobe was a little concerned about his determination to have Angie for himself.

"Jackson doesn't play, Sky. You need to respect her relationship. We can't have everything we want."

Sora was silent. Kobe held up his hand for a fist bump. "Hey, we look out for each other right?"

He looks at him and then back down. He hits him with a fist bump. "Alright."

"You'll get over her. Give it some time." He proceeded to drive home.

His thoughts

Angie...you know he doesn't deserve you. I could be better if you just give me one chance. I won't waste that chance.

Continue...