News

At work

"One more stack of computers to wipe down and I'll be done for today."

You took a pile of library computers out of the box and wiped them down one by one.

Nate randomly pops in your head. You have the urge to see him again, but it's to risky.

"I gotta see him again. But I can't let Sora catch me this time. Is he working right now?"

You opened a laptop and went to logged in. "He better answer my emails."

You sent him an email.

Nate,
I need to see you again, but we need to meet somewhere else so my husband won't find us. Is the mall good for you? Let me know asap.
~Y/n

You quickly logged out and close the laptop back. "I hope he gets it."

After spraying and wiping off all the computers, your shift ends.

"It's about damn time, my back is sore as hell." You rub your back.

A young female coworker approaches you. "Good work today, Y/n!"

"Thanks, you too. I'm exhausted." She yawns. "Same, I thought I was the only one."

She pulls her phone out. "By the way, did you read the news today?"

You rub your eyes. "Nope, I don't read that much news. Why?"

"Because, some guy the other day fell down the stairs and accidentally killed himself."

You hesitated. "Killed himself? You mean...busted his head open?"

"Broke his neck actually," she corrected. You cringed a bit. "Jesus, that's horrible."

"I know. I feel bad for him. I think his name was...Nate?"

You froze completely. "Um...what's his name? You said Kate, right?"

"No, I heard it was Nate," she said. "But...I just emailed..." She showed her screen.

It was reported today that a 21 year old man, Nate Northfield, has been found dead on his staircase. Investigators say he has fell down the stairs and dislocated his neck.

You stood there feeling numb. Your emotions were absent. It felt like a piece of you just shattered permanently.

"You okay, Y/n?" She asked. You snap back. "Uh, yeah...I'll see you later."

"Oh, okay. Have a goodnight." You packed your bags and left the library.

As soon as you got in the car, the emotions finally arrive and you burst into tears.

"Nate...that was my best friend. My best fùcking friend."

Continue >>