I am in love with her...

The smell of roses was the first thing Deja noticed when she woke up in her bed, the second thing she noticed was Cato on the other end of her bed, lying head first on her foot. She nudged him slightly, he was out cold. She thought about leaving him for a moment, then remembered how he had treated her and decided he didn't deserve her kindness, she kicked him in the head as hard as she could. He jumped up and Deja pretended to be asleep, although Cato managed to see her, the painkillers had made her playful. He went over to the bed and started tickling her, she laughed as he tickled her reletnlessly against her will, ''No stop! Please!" She laughed, Cato eventually stopped, she sat up and looked at him angrily, ''You can't do that, I'm like, sick." She said seriously, Cato burst out laugh, ''You are joking? Your wound just opened up, it's fine now." Cato said confidently, "No thanks to you." Deja replied, Cato stared at her sadly, ''I'm sorry." He said sincerely, Deja looked up to see him looking down at her with sad eyes, ''We need to go down and get styled for the interviews.'' "Wait." Deja grabbed his wrist, the only part of his arm she could actually fit her hand around, ''Did, did you stay here all the time I was out" She asked, ''Ofcourse I did, I had to make sure you didn't go dying." Cato laughed, Deja got up, her hand still holding onto Cato's wrist, ''Not that you, like, care, but, what I said earlier, it was a bit of a lie." Deja admitted, keep her head down looking at her hand on Cato's wrist, he was taken aback by her confession, he pulled his arm away gently then instantly grabbed Deja's hand, locking their fingers together, her mouth formed into an O shape, he then used his free hand to lift her chin up, making her look into his deep blue eyes, he then put his hand into her hair and pulled her face close to his, her lips lingered above his as he patiently waited for to give permission to kiss her, she gave a little 'mmhmm' and Cato didn't hesitate to close the unbearable distance between them.

Deja pulled away with a smile, ''We best go." She said, he just nodded, he shouldn't of done that, get her hopes up so bad, especially for what was about to come... The stylist who Deja didn't bothering to learn their name dressed her in a knee length white togo dress with a black silk sash, they stuck with natural, feature enhancing makeup. They stood in line and waited for their names to be called, they were called up, one by one, DIstrict one male tribute went first, then mentor, then the female tribute in typical, sexist Capital style. It was Cato's turn, he walked onto stage looking perfect and sleek in a simple cut black tuxedo suit with a black shirt and white tie, he sat down next to Caesar with a large smile on his face, he glowed with his strong, defined features, once the crowd had settled, Caesar jumped straight in, ''Cato my boy, how does it feel to be here, in this seat, again?" "Well Caesar, what can I say, I've miss your interigations." Everyone laughed at Cato's remark, ''So Cato, how did you feel when you heard you were going back?" "Well Caesar, honestly, I can't wait to get my hand on a sword and my arms around some necks." Cato's reply made everyone give a weary laugh, yes, he was going for the overly intimidating, it suited him. ''So, Cato, seriously now." Caesar positioned himself in a straight posture facing Cato, ''I was being serious." Cato said darkly, everyone laughed again, ''Cato, tell me, in the 74th games, you were fighting to bring pride to your District, this year, what is motivating you?" The whole room went silent and all eyes turned to Cato, "Well Caesar, there is something I have to fight for, well, a someone." The room filled with insync gasps, Deja's heart stopped, ''This girl, she's amazing, I am in love with her but, I haven't quite told her properly, and I am going to fight..." Cato paused and intook a breath as the room held their breaths, awaiting the bittersweet confession, Deja's heard raced backup, he was going to do it, she though, ''I'm going to fight so I can go home to her and marry her." And then with Cato's last sentence, Deja's world came crashing down.