Dancefloor revelations.

Deja's eyes locked with Cato's the moment she reached her place on the stairway, behind District One girl and someone she did not recognize. Victor kept an uneasy grip on her arm as the announcements of other tributes went on and the room proceeded to burst into cheers and applause. ''And now, let the dancing begin!" The first dance of the evening will be between the lovely female tribute and her escort, then, you are free to dance and talk as you like. Enjoy.'' A slow music started as Victor lead Deja to the dance floor, taking her hand gracefully, once in the middle of the floor he put his hand on her waist and pulled her close. He looked directly at her as he lead, spinning her, but she was in a completely different world, her head always finding it's way back to Cato, who stood in a black tuxedo suit, finished with a bow tie, standing out from the brightly dressed Capitol citizens. All the other mentors too were dressed smart but apart from them and Deja, everyone was dressed in ridiculous and bright clothes.

The music started fading into the background, hinting to the end of the dance, Deja caught reality and politely bowed to the expressionless Victor in front of her, he smiled a half smile then walked off, before Deja knew it she was being whisked away. When her eyes met deep blue ones. ''Get away from me no." She said, trying to get away but was greeted with a rock hard body and strong arms keeping her in place, on around her waist and the other holding her hand pulling her in, all she could do was rest her head on his hard chest and try not to enjoy the feeling of being so close to Cato, the smell of expensive cologne from District One possibly, the way he spun her effortlessly while keeping his head gently rested on the top of her head. He stopped and gently tipped her back, his hand supporting her back as she hovered in Cato's arms, he leaned into her as the music slowed, ''Trust me.'' He whispered simply, Deja didn't need to think twice, even though it was extremely hard to think with Cato so close to her, their faces so close she could feel his hot breath on her face, ''No.'' Deja said, looking straight into his eyes, the music sped back up just as she spat the word at him, he snapped her up angrily, frustrated in himself for not snapping the blond from One's neck the moment she got within a meter of him, it was the Capitol's fault, he was so used to flirting to impress the higher class for Snow's benefit, it was an instant reaction. Now he was paying for it. He continued leading the simple waltz, this time he loosened his grip, letting her have space to look at him, and she did.

For the rest of the song they just danced in utter silence, by the end, Deja didn't even courtesy, she just walked off to get a drink before anyone else could get their grubby hands on her. In her confused and stressful state, she opted for a brown fizzy drink which quenched her thirst and woke her up a little, looking through the crowds of dancing people, she could not tell tribute from sponsor to tribute, nor could she see Cato anywhere, she guessed this was a good thing. ''Beautiful and elegant in the Capitol, I didn't think it was possible but I guess I was wrong.'' A low voice came from behind Deja, it made her skin crawl, she was about to run away until a cold hand placed it's self unwelcomely on her shoulder, causing ever hair on her body to rise (which wasn't many because the stylists too away it all and 50% of her skin). ''Sir.'' She said politely when she looked up to see a proud looking President Snow standing beside her now, his hand on her shoulder and a sickingly sweet smell of roses laced in the air. ''You look bored, I just came to make sure you weren't planning on making a great escape. There is a very important... announcement yet to come.'' Snow's emphasis on the word 'announcement' made Deja's skin crawl. She was too scared to reply so just stood tensely, Snow sensed this and coughed, gripping her shoulder, ''Speaking of such, it's time, goodbye Delanajames.'' He walked off as casual as the sentence he just spoke, he spoke as if that was her name. It was, it was her full name that only her father knew. No one else knew apart from her father who sometimes called her it in private when in a heated argument. Snow knew one of her deepest secrets, panic flooded in, what else did he know?

The music stopped and all eyes turned to Snow who stood at the top of the staircase, ''Ladies and Gentlemen. I hope you are all having a lovely evening. I have a very special announcement to make. The last three years have been rocky and I find that people are too greedy on hope they are contemplating rebellion. I hope my crazy accusations are my vivid imagination, so, for this year, to bring back the spirit of the games, a mentor from each district will go in with their tributes and chose to fight for their own lives, or, do their original job and fight until the end to save their tribute, only one of the thirty six comes out alive. Certain people have been slacking and we plan on making an example.'' The room was filled with numerous gasps, then, maybe the most sickening thing ever, there was an outburst cheers from the sponsors. ''For District One, Gloss, District Two...'' Deja prayed and prayed for anyone but ''Cato.''