Just crash, fall down.

Cato knew it was coming the moment Snow stood at top of the staircase with the wicked smile on his face, he couldn't care less, the way he patronised Deja and dared touch her was enough to send him ravenous. A few familiar names popped up, ''Finnick... Chaff... Haymitch...'', the names haunted Cato's head, his friends and one of the most dangerous victors, an exceptional hunter. He couldn't do it, Snow was forcing friend against friend, forcing old against young, most mentors would have already made bonds with their tributes. Snow's main intention was only clear to Cato and Deja. ''One of the thirty six will come out alive.'' Rung through Cato's head and suddenly flashbacks came flooding in. Katniss's face when she saw Peeta's lifeless body, the look on her face which said all the love she felt for that one person, her world crumbling in her eyes, not because she was going to die, but because he was dead. When Cato plunged the sword into her, it was out of mercy, it was more like stabbing a rag doll, because Katniss had already died inside, some vital part of Cato died with them, his humanity.

Deja stared blankly at the empty stairway long after Snow had finished talking, the whole world had blanked after she heard Snow say Cato's name. Her dream. It hit her like a rock. The dreams were coming true, Cato was going to kill her, he knew this was going to happen! She thought, paranoia setting in, she panicked as her senses kicked in again, the bright colours frightening her as she backed away from the happy, dancing sponsors, forgetting about the fact she was in front of the drink's table. In her typical style, she stumbled into the table and crashed into a commotion of silk and wine.

The crashing sound brought Cato back from his flashback, crashing and public places usually only lead to meaning one thing recently. The sound of glass smashing gave away everything and Cato ran to where to drinks table once was. ''Where is she?" Cato asked a man in a bright yellow suit, ''That nice boy from One who escorted her took her out those doors, silly girl-'' Cato never heard what he said because he was out the doors and calling her name. He heard Deja's voice, ''NO! Go away! I can sort myself out! Don't come near me!" Cato started running towards the shouting, when he finally got the source of the shouting he saw Deja backing into a corner as Victor stumbled forward, there was a strong smell of alcohol in the room. ''I just want to help before I cut open your pretty little throat!" He slurred, Cato lost control and in no time was tackling Victor and punching his face. ''Cato no stop!" Deja cried, Victor started throwing punches back and Deja could think of nothing better to do other than get in between the two of them, she wrapped her arms around Cato's neck and pushed him back, catching him off-guard. He stumbled slightly and Victor took the opportunity to escape, ''You come near her again I will kill you!" Cato shouted then looked down at the shakey Deja clinging to his neck. ''You got strong baby elephant.'' She smiled at his remark, he hadn't called her that in so long. Deja remembered she was angry at Cato so she pulled away, then realised she wasn't angry at Cato, but angry at herself. ''This is all my fault.'' She said to herself aloud, Cato was taken aback by her comment, ''No it's not, this is all a sick game Deja, and-'' Cato's attempt of comfort was cut off, ''And what? What now Cato?! You kill me out of pity? That's probably the best thing now, I'm already half dead I mean, I nearly took my hand off earlier and...and...'' Deja's voice got shakey and she started trembling silently as tears poured out of her eyes, she ruffled up her hair to cover her face and not let Cato see how weak she was, looking down in a eager attempt to cover her tears in silent defeat. ''Deja. I'm not going to let anyone hurt you.'' Cato said in full honesty, he meant every word, Deja attempted to cover up her dispair by laughing but she then choked and started sobbing, Cato pulled her into his typical comforting hug and kissed her head, ''I didn't want you to get dragged into any of the games any more than you already were.'' She said through his blazer, he sighed, ''The moment fell out of that chariot I knew I wanted to be there in the games with you, to be your feet.''  Cato whispered into her ear, she gave another sobbing laugh to cover up her disbelief, ''Come on.'' Cato said, bending down and picking her up bridal style, ''I know a shortcut from here, I think we both need the rest.'' He said carrying her away silently. By the time he got to their rooms she was half asleep, he put her on her bed and started to walk away before hearing his name, ''Cato, wait, could you, maybe, stay, just tonight, I've been having really bad dreams and I want to see if-'' She got her answer within seconds because before she knew it Cato's arms were around her, pulling her into him. ''Hey Cato.'' Deja said, slowly dosing off, ''Mhmm?" He answered lazily, ''We're still in our special clothes.'' He let out a little laugh before, as if it was planned, they both fell into a peaceful, dreamless sleep.