Chapter Twenty Four*

☼☼☼

So let's run free and carry on,

Like we did when we were young

☼☼☼

July 5th 1997

Jaime's P.O.V. 

After fully getting ready and changing outfits about ten times, I ended up in the same jean shorts I was wearing with a different simple black crop top and the flip flops that were by the door.

I knocked on the door in front of me, trying my best not to ram it down with my shoulder, when an older woman appeared. My shoulders relaxed and even though I was angry before, the sight of Beatrice calmed all my nerves.

"Hi Mimi!" Bea greeted me. I bent down to her to hug her, she barely reached five feet. Only James' family called me Mimi. In fact, his grandmother was the first one to do so, and James picked it up as a habit.

"Hi Bea, it's good to see you," I whispered, unsure if James' grandfather was sleeping. He had been sick for as long as I had known James, and loud noises was one of the things that really bothered him.

"Den is sleeping but James is upstairs in his room. Although be careful, he has a lady friend up there. He thinks I am delusional because I am old. If anything, I know more tricks than him," she winked.

Just fucking great.

"Thanks Bea! I have to run up and ask him a quick favor. I'll make sure to stop by sometime next week so we can have tea and catch up."

"Please do! I need to hear all about this British man who has stolen you away." She raises her eyebrows up and down suggestively, which was adorable as it was frustrating from the small elderly woman.

"How do you know about that?!" I whisper as loud as I can.

"Let's just say that Monica of yours tends to have some loose lips if you get a few beers in her during poker night."

I wanted to smack my forehead. I totally forgot that Monica spends time with Bea and some of the other women and town once a week to play poker. I originally thought it was just a ploy to get away from their husbands, but they genuinely get very competitive. I sat in once and they took $20 out of my pocket with no remorse.

"I'll have to have a serious talk with her. I'm gonna go talk to James."

I scaled up the steps to James' room quietly but quickly. I debated on knocking, giving him a warning, but I was so pissed off at him that I figured he didn't deserve a warning. I hope I killed whatever erection he was sporting. Ew. Note to self-no thinking about James' penis.

I wrapped my hand around the handle and took a deep breath before turning it and walking in. I was hoping the sound of the door opening would be heard by at least one of them, but of course not.

James was laying on his bed with Sasha Matthews on top of him topless. I didn't have to see her face to know it was her because of her already fading butterfly tramp stamp and the bright red hair. I closed the door a little loud, doing my best not to slam it and bother James' grandfather. They finally broke apart and she squealed as she poorly attempted to cover herself up.

"Mimi, what the hell?" James shot up and put Sasha behind him.

"Save it. You don't have the right to be mad at me right now. We need to talk."

He sighed and turned toward Sasha who was still holding her shirt in front of herself instead of actually wearing it. "I'll call you later," he said.

"You're seriously kicking me out right now?" She snapped at him.