Chapter Fifteen

☼☼☼

The only thing I'm really sure of

I'm unsure of almost everything

But I know, I know, I

I only wanna talk to you

☼☼☼

Jaime's P.O.V.

June 12th 1997

Jess and James are so fucking lucky that my shift didn't start until 5, because when I walked into Lon's at 4:35, I was ready to burn the place to the ground. I stormed in like the most terrifying and most dangerous thing on Earth - a pissed off woman.

I walked straight into Monica's office and threw my bag down on the chair that faced her desk. She looked up at me bewildered. "Jaime, you're early wha-"

"I'm taking Jess and James for a few minutes. Make sure the idiots don't burn the place down."

"I don't know who you think you are-" I have no idea what she said because I walked out to find them on the floor. Even though she sounded angry, she wasn't mad. I would apologize later for taking my frustration out on her, but right now I needed to yell at my so called friends.

I walk out by the bar and see James leaning against the wall not doing anything. I snatch his wrist and pull him towards the front door. Before we make it there, I see Jess coming from the kitchen with a large tray for one of the tables. I take the tray out of her hands and give it to the first person I see.

"Courtney, can you give this to table 12 for Jess? Thank you." I place the tray in her hands before she can say no.

"JJ, what is going on?" Jess squeaked as I grabbed her wrist and James' and pulled them outside and around the corner of the building. When we rounded the corner I dropped their hands as they both huffed at me, clearly annoyed that I pulled them away from work.

"Mimi what's wrong?" James asks me, confusion on his face. He only uses that nickname when he wants to bug me. Or when he wants something from me. I scowl at him and then smack them both upside the backs of their heads at the same time.

"What's wrong? WHAT'S WRONG?! HUH, I don't know? Maybe, JUST MAYBE, it has to do with the fact that I invite you two over to hang out, I fall asleep for mhmmm twenty minutes, and suddenly you guys disappear. So, What,"

Whack

"The,"

Whack

"HELL GUYS!"

Whack

"Stop hitting us!" Jess whines.

They share a look. I hate that look. That look says that they have had a conversation about this and are replaying the conversation in their heads.

"Mimi, why are you upset?" James asks with concern on his face. Asshole.

He knows why I'm mad, and he is using that nickname against me. It always sent a shiver down my spine, even when we were younger. I shouldn't be mad at James. I didn't tell him really anything about Harry, so he couldn't have known.

I turned my body towards Jess because I was more frustrated with her than him.

"Why did you leave? Jess, I told you I didn't want to be alone with Harry."