Tales Of The Heart

FIVE YEARS AGO

"Diksha ,he called you again"Shruthi(Diksha's friend in college)said."Who ?"Diksha asked."Our senior Varun called you.One of the guy who was present in that ragging squad on the first day of our college.Do you remember him ?"she asked."Yes"Diksha said."You too come with me please"Diksha said(sheepishly)."I have to finish my assignment.You go!!"Shruthi said."Idiot!"Diksha said in irritation and went.Shruthi laughed at her as she goes alone to meet him.Varun sat in a bench with two of his friends and he was waiting for her."Hey ,look there.She is coming.Good luck my boy"they teased him and quickly ran to their classes.Diksha saw his friends running away from him as she walked towards Varun."I am sorry for ragging you on that day"he said."No issues.You alone did not do that right ? Everybody was doing it"Diksha said."Yeah but i feel bad for ragging you"Varun said."Its okay.You didn't do anything bad or wrong"Diksha said.He didn't utter any word instead he smiled at her."Got to go to the class,bye senior"Diksha said."Just call me Varun.Yeah bye ,will see you soon"Varun said."Yeah sure Varun"Diksha said and went to her class."What happened mam?"Shruthi asked."Nothing ,he asked sorry"Diksha said."For what?!"Shruthi asked."For ragging me"Diksha said."Hey ,they did that to many people including me"Shruthi said."Yes ,i know it"Diksha said."Then ,why he asked sorry to you alone ?"Shruthi asked."He felt bad ,so he asked it"Diksha said."But still something in me tells that he likes you"Shruthi said."Hello madam ,nothing like that.Please stop assuming things"Diksha said.Shruthi teased her.The next day ,she went to the college in a bus."Just stand here for a while as you don't have a seat"the bus conductor said."Yeah sure"Diksha said.In the meantime ,a guy stood behind her and slowly touched her hands.Diksha looked at him and moved away from him.He followed her and held her hand."Do you wanna see yourself get hurt?"a guy suddenly appears to the scene.It was Varun.He immediately left her hand and ran away from the bus.Varun quickly held her hand and checked it thoroughly here and there."By god's grace nothing happened to you.Come let us sit there"Varun said and held her hand.Diksha was not able to understand the current situation."Dont worry"he said."I was in the bus only when this incident took place"Varun said."Thank you so much"Diksha said."Please don't mention"he said.Then ,they became so close and started to know more about them.

NEW YEAR CELEBRATION

"Come inside ,guys"Diksha said as she saw her friends coming to her house."Happy new year"they all said and hugged her.Varun saw her and hugged her tightly."Happy new year my dearest Deeshu"he said and kissed her on the cheeks.Diksha punched him and said"Happy new year dear".Then she introduced everyone to her family."Nice to see you all ,have fun"they said and went."Guys ,excuse me.I will come here in ten minutes.I am going down to check whether the dinner is ready or not as it is 9pm ,right?"Diksha said."Yes ,come back soon"they said.Varun slowly stood up and came out of the room.He moved out carefully so that no one can notice him going downstairs."I will call them now"Diksha said and started to go up.He immediately held her hand and pulled her close to him."Varun? What's this ? What if someone sees us? You know what ,you are so brave in doing all these things in front of everyone"she said and tried to move away from him.He brought her close to him and said"I love you".Diksha had tears in her eyes when she heard it from him."Is that real ? Can i believe this ?"she asked."Yes ,i wanna live the rest of my life with you.I know i said it so soon but i can't wait any longer for this.You awaken the best in me ,you are my sunshine ,my rainbow,my happiness,my precious soul and my diamond.I can't afford to lose you at any cost as i am grateful for what you have done for me till date.You taught me about life and everything literally everything.I really feel thankful to know you in my lifetime and now i want you till my last breath"he said.Diksha hugged him and kissed him on the face."I feel so happy to hear that.My dearest Varun ,you have no idea how much you mean to me.Even i can't afford to lose you.I really thank god for letting me find a person like this.I love you so much"Diksha said and hugged him.Later ,he kissed her on the forehead and cheeks."Diksha ,where are you ?"her friends asked."Yes ,coming"she said in a loud voice."I have to go now ,leave me"Diksha said."Nay don't go ,please!!"Varun said."No ,bye"she said and kissed him on the chin.Then ,she went upstairs and saw everyone looking at her suspiciously."What?!"she asked."What were you doing?"they asked."I helped my mom for dinner"Diksha said."Oh we see"they said and smiled at her."What?"she asked again and they didn't reply anything."Guys ,come down"Varun shouted from the downstairs."Yes sir"they all said and went down.They all sat in the chair and started to have food."Where were you Mr.Varun?"Shruthi asked."I was helping Diksha for the dinner.We arranged tables and chairs"he said."Oh nice nice"she said.Then ,silently he looked at her and gave a big smile.Diksha blushed at him and ate food.As the days goes by ,their relationship became very strong."Diksha can i say something ?"Varun asked."I wanna have a girl child like you.I really and badly want a baby girl like you"Varun said."Yeah even i too want a baby boy like you"she said."So ,when are we going to get married?"he asked.Diksha laughed at him and said"My dear ,let us finish our higher studies.Then ,we can get married ,okay?"she said."Oh yeah!!(realized expression)"he said and they both exchanged laughter.Then ,they had a long distance relationship where he was in London and she was in U.S."Varun ,it's a promise from me that i won't love anyone except you.This will work out.Please don't have any kind of thoughts"Diksha said and cried."My Deeshu ,i am yours and you will always be mine.It is you and it will always be you only"Varun said."Thank you.I miss you so much my dear"Diksha said."Same here"he said and felt sad.

After two years

Diksha and Varun finished their studies and got job.They were 24(Age) on that time."Diksha ,shall we start to see a nice groom for you?"her mom asked."Yes ,she is going to get married"her siblings(Madhav and Tara) teased her."Mom there is something that i wanna tell you and papa"Diksha said."Yes ,tell us dear"her father said."Madhav and Tara, please go down and come after an hour"Diksha requested."No we won't go anywhere"they said.Then ,her mom sent them downstairs."I like someone"she said."Who it is ?"they asked."Varun"Diksha said."He is your collegemate ,right?"her mom asked."Yes mom"she replied."Dear ,you very much know that we are against love marriages.Now a days arrange marriages are the best ones rather than the love marriages.You can't trust this generation as it changes day by day"her father said."Yes papa ,but he is not like that.He is a gem of a person.He is such a loving and affectionate person"Diksha said."No dear ,please dont do this.I don't beleive this.It will be better if you agree to our decision"he said."Please ,this is my life and i have to make decisions"Diksha said.They stared at her."First ,speak to him"Diksha said."Fine ,tell him to meet us tomorrow in our house at morning"her father said."Varun ,come to our house tomorrow.You have a big surprise"Diksha said."What's that?"he asked curiously."I won't tell you"Diksha said."Wait is it about our marriage?"he asked."Yes!!"she said in excitement."What?! I can't wait for tomorrow"he said."Same here"she said."I'll see you soon Mrs.Varun"he said."Yes"she said and blushed."Are you gonna accept him?"her mom asked."No!!"he said.The next day ,Varun came and sat in her house.Diksha wore a beautiful saree and stood in front of him.She served him a cup of coffee and he winked at her."Aunty and Uncle ,it was a love at first sight for me.Initially i fell for Diksha without a reason and now i love her with all the reasons.I promise you both that i will never let go of her.She is such a rare human being in this planet.Thank you for giving birth to her"Varun said.She blushed at him."Happy to hear that"they said."Varun ,we too like you so much.But there is something we would like to say to you"they said."Yeah sure aunty ,whatever it is please tell me.But please dont reject me as your son-in-law"he said.They paused for a while and said"We are sorry ,we are not for this"."Why are you doing this to me?"Diksha asked and cried."Why uncle? Please i can't accept this.We loved each other so much and this is not an answer which i expected.What a surprise ,Diksha?"Varun said and cried.Diksha sat near him and held his hands."Dear Varun ,we are against love marriages.Even she very much know that we won't accept this in future"her parents said."Yes ,i knew it but how can i deny a person who is so good at heart and who is such a pure soul.Tell me ma?"she asked and sobbed."No"they said."I thought that you guys will change and accept our marriage.But no ,you guys are same like that only"Diksha said."We are madly in love with each other.I can't leave this women at any cost.I love her so much.Please try to understand about us.Its not easy to leave a person with whom you were in a relationship for a longer period of time.I want you all to consider our decision"he said."Varun ,you can go to your home"her father ordered."What? This is so rude"Diksha shouted at them."Shut up ,idiot!You don't know anything about this"her father said."And you don't know the meaning of love"Diksha said."I will slap you"her mother said."No ,i don't want you to hurt her because of me.Fine ,thank you uncle and aunty.I cant bear her seeing in tears.Its okay Diksha ,you will find a better person unlike me.I wish you all the best.Bye Madhav and Tara"he said and left the house."No"Diksha shouted and ran towards him."Varun ,please dont leave me like this.I love you so much"Diksha said and hugged him tightly.She held his face and slowly kissed him on the lips.He cried and held her close to him."Diksha come inside"her father held her hand and pulled her away from him.As their fingers brushed slowly and moved away ,they looked at each other and cried.Later ,she came to her house and sat inside her room and cried.It took her one year to come out of this.She barely laughed and spoke to her friends.She was not able to focus on anything.It was a tough phase for both of them.They lost touch.Then ,she got married to a businessman named Yuvaraj.But ,he didn't get married to anyone.He started to focus on himself and worked hard for his career.Then ,he got employed in an IT company as a software engineer.Later ,things got smooth for both of them and they started to lead a happy life.

This is a flashback story of Diksha and Varun.

Thank you so much people for your precious reads!!