Ten

ˏˋ♥̩͙♥̩̩̥͙♥̩̥̩ ⑅ ⑅ ♥̩̥̩♥̩̩̥͙♥̩͙ˊˎ

"But Kira punished him. Kira is my savior."

.

Quickly, (Y/N)'s head jolted up. She took a second to process what Amane had said. She couldn't believe it.

Kira punished a criminal that wasn't proven, before he had my resource?

Suddenly, a buried memory hit her like a ton of bricks.

..

I hear a noise. A low thunk, coming from the living room.

My parents adopted a teenage girl from America recently. She's a cute girl, but she's sixteen already. I was hoping for a sister I could get along with better, but she seems disinterested in me. I guess that makes sense. I am only thirteen— she probably thinks I'm uncool.

I sigh, mostly ignoring the thunk— but quickly more come. I turn my head a little, abandoning my schoolwork and standing up.

My parents are kind. They've been in an organized community for several years now that helps disabled children, and this year they went the extra mile to adopt a mentally handicapped orphan from across the world.

I hear something shatter. I grow more concerned, walking towards my door. I put my hand on the doorknob.

It's strange, though— Evelynn doesn't seem any different from anyone else. She goes to school, she works a part time job. She learned Japanese really quickly, too. She's perfectly normal.

There's a loud, guttural scream. The source sounds like they're putting their entire body into it; it's low and powerful. I quickly push my hand down and open the door.

My room is upstairs. I quickly run down the steps, two at a time. I hear heavy breathing, like someone overexerted themselves. I hear one last, less powerful thunk.

I reach the bottom of the stairs, and look into the living room. My knees lock, and I freeze.

Though, she doesn't talk much, for some reason...

..

Before the flashback could reach its climax, she snapped out of it, the memory completely dissipating in her mind.

(Y/N) was completely separated from her surroundings. She was breathing rapidly and heavily, and her hands were on her head, gripping her scalp so hard blood may have been drawn.

She heard a heavy pair of footsteps coming towards her. She saw a bright light, and she realized someone had opened the closet door.

Light stared down at her. His expression was originally agitated, but it changed to bewildered.

(Y/N) didn't look up at him. She felt her hands move from her head to her upper arms, hugging herself.

"I... (Y/N), what the hell are you doing?" Light snapped, his tone annoyed and angry. (Y/N) finally looked up.

When she saw his expression, she put her arms to the ground and quickly scooted herself back. Still breathing rapidly, she hit her head on the back wall of the closet. She lowered her head, looking at her knees.

"(Y/N). Get up." Light snapped.

He sighed. He was extremely displeased with (Y/N), since her noise could've gotten them both caught.

She winced, letting out a small noise. She buried her head down, and Light finally realized she was scared.

He observed her for a few seconds, watching her movements. It was strange seeing her display this much emotion; Light could tell (Y/N) had gotten very good at holding it back. He was concerned about whatever could've happened to trigger this reaction.